Jambands.ca

HYDRO

Birdy

is anyone else's hydro wonky?

it's been flickering on and off here for a few days now.. last night it cut out for a few hours and then today again it flickered in the morning and cut out for about twenty minutes mid morning. i've heard reports windsor's power is acting array too.

i wasn't around for the "great blackout" a few years ago, but i wish i was.

i wonder what's going on...

anyone else flickering?

*preparing looting route now*

i work at a power company... we generate our power from wind, yet people here still refer to it as hydro. it drives me nuts.

now, to answer your question: the power's fine, and i'm turning the hydro into coffee. :)

I call power hydro and recently realized how bizarre that is, since I have no idea if we have a Hydro-electric source or if their burning carcasses to spin turbines.

i too have always called it hydro and until today haven't thought twice about it.

i have no idea if it is nuke-ro, coal-ro, solar-ro, wind-ro or what ro it is that ros us, but what i do ro, is that ro isn't rokin' up to speed ro the past few ros.. and in some ro plant, not so ro away, something roey roey rong is happening.

questcequecest- i'm sorry to say who cares. i do care about power. i just don't care for technicalities. :) ya here?

no worries, i wasnt trying to argue it up with ya.. just pointing out an ontario oddity. and quebec too.

people here use hydro synonymously with power because there are so many hydroelectric facilities in these two provinces. i couldnt believe it when i got to my current job, and their maps and drawings had lines and substations labeled as 'hydro transmission' and 'hydro subs'. weirdos.

anyways, cheers to tooly for not getting this thread deleted.