Jambands.ca

tequila!

MarcO

I've decided I don't drink enough tequila.

Last time I got loaded on it, I ended up standing by myself on the empty dance floor of The Casbah screaming at Todd Gillies, guitar player for the Fat Cats before being led away.

That was a golden moment, so why not drink more?

I'd love to hear your ideas for good mixed drinks based on tequila, and your recomendations for a good, inexpensive brand to start with.

Thanks! (hic!)

[Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by rubberdinghy:

Prairie Fire...A shot of Tequila and a couple of drops of Tabasco!!!

A couple of drops? Sissypants [Razz] . A proper prairie fire is tequila and Tabasco, half and half*.

I either drink straight shots (with salt & lemon or lime), or tequila sunrises.

Aloha,

Brad

* A friend in university got into these, or, more precisely, these got into him, one night. He had three, and the next day experienced a certain Johnny Cash song title...

Tequila is like tattoos in my opinion...you do it straight.

I never have gotten the reason for maskin the taste of the sweet nectar with salt,lemon or some other mix,but thats just me.

If you do want a good shot thats not straight tequila try "Lighter fluid shooters"

1 shot tequila

1 shot drambui(sp?)

10 drops tabasco

But really just drink it straight.

funny marco - i had the same urge - on my way back from gratefulfest down in ohio last weekend i stopped at the dutyfree and picked up a bottle of sauza hornitos - 100% pure agave. heard it's the shit but i have yet to try it. after a day like today i could be giving you an in-depth review tomorrow.

quote:

Originally posted by earthfreak:

funny marco - i had the same urge - on my way back from gratefulfest down in ohio last weekend i stopped at the dutyfree and picked up a bottle of sauza hornitos - 100% pure agave. heard it's the shit but i have yet to try it. after a day like today i could be giving you an in-depth review tomorrow.

One of the guys with whom I jammed drank Hornitos (or, as he called it sometimes, "Horny Toes"). I tried it, and think it's better (smoother, less harsh) than, say, Cuervo silver or gold.

Aloha,

Brad

These are all right...

1 1/2 oz Tequila

3 oz Pineapple Juice

Juice of 1/2 Lime(s)

or

1/3 oz Tequila

1/3 oz Grenadine

1/3 oz 7-Up or Ginger ale

Directions

Build the three ingredients in a shot glass in the order listed. Cover the top of the shot glass somehow (napkin, coaster, etc.). Slam the shot glass on the table, bar, etc. Make sure the drink fizzes. Turn the drink up and 'Slam It Into Your Head' before the fizzing subsides.

enjoy.jamesd.

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

Originally posted by rubberdinghy:

Prairie Fire...A shot of Tequila and a couple of drops of Tabasco!!!

A couple of drops? Sissypants [Razz] . A proper prairie fire is tequila and Tabasco, half and half*.

Hahahahahahaha...Maybe we'll have a little Prairie Fire contest in Wakefield...WHERE'S VINNY! I have enough trouble drinking tequila straight up!!! BLECH!!!

And yes that certain song...

From http://www.mezcal.com/teq.html:

In actual fact, all tequilas are mezcal. As a producer of mezcal made only using the blue agave, the town of Tequila had acquired a certain fame by the early nineteenth century. Since 1950, the Mexican government has designated five states as legal production regions of the blue agave and several other states have been allowed to call their mezcal "tequila."

From me:

This is basically the same as champagne. Champagne is simply sparkling wine specifically from the 'champagne' region of France.

As far as how to drink it goes:

Can anyone say "Margarita?"

From www.m-w.com:

Main Entry: mar·ga·ri·ta

Pronunciation: "mär-g&-'rE-t&

Function: noun

Etymology: from the Spanish feminine name Margarita

Date: 1963

: a cocktail consisting of tequila, lime or lemon juice, and an orange-flavored liqueur

YUM!!!

Last time I did a Prairie Fire , I started to sweat like crazy and dropped to one knee......and then ?????? complete black... (just kidding, about the complete black, but not about the dropping to one knee).

My favorate tequila drink is a Moon Raker

not sure the exact mix but it's great, the only place I ever had one is Urban Thai on College St. Toronto.....Their Blue and strong.

Archived