Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo 06 dates announced???

afro poppa

According to pollstar.com Bonnaroo is going to be June 16-18 in 2006...and it also says the Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are playing, which would make sense considering the huge tour they are doing in support of an upcoming album.

This may or may not be true, just thought I'd give everyone a heads up...if anyone cares anymore, why do I feel like there are so many better festivals out there (like Come Together, for one)

hehe, well i've never been to moe.down but have a hard time believing it is a better fest than the roo... :)

don't think it's ever been 120 degrees down there, at least not the ones i've attended. the sun is killer though. but that's the same in ottawa too. just gotta be prepared.

nothing like wandering around between mars volta, galactic, and STS9. i didn't wander, but it's nice to have that choice at 3 in the morning.

ad

Bonnaroo definately has the most diversity and the biggest bands in the festival game today. The experience is also almost like none other do its sheer size and like AD said, wandering around in the middle of the night hearing 3 different bands in a span of 4 hours on all sorts of crazy umm "enhancements" is really cool. And STS9 played for about five hours this past year right into sunrise...really really cool feeling walking back to the campsite at 6 am after seeing amazing music.

Then again, moe.down is also really really sweet. I've only gone this year (#6) but it was so much fun. The campsite being only 5 minutes away from the stage was a big plus (as opposed to 30 minutes at roo) and its nice only having a small main area to groove out to. If your a fan of moe. then moe.down is probably the festival to see.

Come Together is really amazing but for different reasons. Come Together is exactly what the name is, its extremely laid back nature is really cool and I've met many new friends there. The stage is kinda sub par what with the huge pole in the middle but then again when your jamming out to BNB or JFJO who really cares about the stupid pole??

This year I am going to try and make it out to some more festivals, Summer Camp intrigues me, espcially if moe. plays three nights again and Wakarusa and 10K Lakes are always possibilities.

Basically I think that all festivals are sweet because they bring people together to watch some great music, have some great times, and forget about anything thats bothering them for a weekend. Besides, anything that spreads that much happiness is alright by me :)

Anyone know when they usually begin nanouncing the line-up? Me and some friends will be going for the first time in celebration of graduating from University. I can not wait to see the linup and experience the festival.

cheers,

Jake

That's the exact reason that I went the first time - we made it our grad trip and had a killer time.

As for a lineup announcement, IIRC (blatant bradm ripoff) they're normally announced sometime in late Februray/Early March, although someone might be able to correct or confirm that.

so the "its fun to hate bonnaroo" posts start early eh?

It's funny, I find that often times (not always, but frequently) the people trashing Bonnaroo haven't even been there (and I'm not referring to you, Chewie). It's really easy to focus on the hearsay negative aspects of a festie you've never been to, but it can be really hard to convey what an all-encompassing, kick-ass weekend it is to people who haven't checked 'er out but love to trash it.

Edited by Guest

I'm definately not bashing Bonnaroo.

Bonnaroo changed my life the first time I went and I'll never forget it, I love Bonnaroo and will continue to love Bonnaroo, however there are other festivals out there that appeal to different tastes...

BTW, I'm pretty sure the lineup announcement will be late January/early Feb

10 to 1 says Bonnaroo gets back to its roots this year...

Thats right folks. Two nights of mean'ol nasty, ass-kicking widespread panic!

moe down can't even begin to compare - none of the medium size festivals can. Its like trying to compare say, two nights of phish at the gorge to the great went. Both can be cool - but one is absolutely over the top blow your socks off out there, and one is cool.

And as for the heat - thats why they built generators into RVs. Oh, and beer.

Now the weather, thats a crap shoot - but thats the case with all festivals really, and the past to bonnaroos have had shitty weather...

10 to 1 says Bonnaroo gets back to its roots this year...

Thats right folks. Two nights of mean'ol nasty, ass-kicking widespread panic!

I hope not... That's what happened last year. I'd like to see Bonnaroo reach out and pick up a much wider range of artists. Younger artists. British / European artists. Hip-Hop. Electronic.

But I'll still go even if nothing changes. And I can afford it.

AD

AD

Id never go to bonnaroo for a few reasons, i dont like huge crowds, i dont like walking 30 mins or more to relax, i dont do drugs really, i dont like going to america, i dont like half or more of the past bonnaroo lineups, and i cant stand being around a ton of kids all spun out puking up their rolls because they a)cant handle em or B) got bunk drugs.

i know what i like and i dont see myself having a good time at bonnaroo. /end pre-emptive i-dont-like-bonnaroo-so-stop-shovelling-it-down-my-damn-throat rant

Id never go to bonnaroo for a few reasons, i dont like huge crowds, i dont like walking 30 mins or more to relax, i dont do drugs really, i dont like going to america, i dont like half or more of the past bonnaroo lineups, and i cant stand being around a ton of kids all spun out puking up their rolls because they a)cant handle em or B) got bunk drugs.

i know what i like and i dont see myself having a good time at bonnaroo. /end pre-emptive i-dont-like-bonnaroo-so-stop-shovelling-it-down-my-damn-throat rant

But dooooooooood........ Hehe.

I don't do drugs anymore, I don't like huge crowds, and I didn't like half the lineups to the 3 bonnaroos I've been to... But it's not that crowded, if you get a good campsite it's not that far of a walk, and nobody is forcing you to do drugs. Didn't see too many spun kids either, I was busy babysitting myself and falling in puddles. And the half-lineup that I did like was awesome. It almost sucks if you like the whole lineup, you're gonna be that much more disappointed when you miss shows.

But I understand your point, it's not for everyone.

AD

definitly not something high on my list of stuff to do, plus next summer i will probably (read hopefully) be busy growing mushrooms on a nice rural farm a few hrs from hamilton. like oysters and shitakes and turkey tails and reiishis, the other kind of edible mushrooms

back to bonnaroo, i hope you all have a blast, but i wont see you there to give you that heady highfive.

and hopefully they will keep the hiphop to a minimum, i think that would just encourage a shitty scene, IE:stripper tents, hippy hookers, bad drugs, ripoffs, tent robberies, broken car windows, and various pants-around-their-ass-typa folks