Jambands.ca

Super Stack

NewRider

I know these boys have played at a bunch of CTMF but for some reason I was preoccupied and never caught them. I saw them a few months ago at Jimmy Jazz in Guelph and I was really surprised. What a great power trio! I'm shocked I never heard them before because this is right up my alley musically. I'm thinking maybe I thought they were that Smokestack band from Michigan, I didn't really care for their stuff.

They've got a bunch of dates coming up in Toronto, Hamilton, Brantford and Dover.

Super Stack

Edited by Guest

Hey Boogie, I think they were called Jesus Murphy...

I've talked to the bassist and drummer for Super Stack two years ago at The Horseshoe and suggested that they pursue an active presence on Jambands.ca. They didn't seem interested. Whatever. I like their 70's Uriah Heap meets Ted Nugent meets The Supersuckers sound.

Well, Greg the bassist bought me beer on Friday so I'll do him the favour of posting their tourdates.

an 17, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village , ON

Jan 19, 2006 10:00 PM 2 Doors Down Brantford , ON

Jan 20, 2006 10:00 PM Mitzi's Sister Toronto, ON

Jan 24, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village , ON

Jan 26, 2006 10:00 PM 2 Doors Down Brantford , ON

Jan 27, 2006 10:00 PM The Norfolk Tavern Port Dover, ON

Jan 28, 2006 10:00 PM The Norfolk Tavern Port Dover, ON

Jan 30, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Jan 31, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village , ON

Feb 3, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Feb 6, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Feb 13, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Feb 14, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village, On, ON

Feb 17, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village, ON

Feb 20, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Feb 27, 2006 10:00 PM The Lazy FLamingo Hamilton , ON

Mar 4, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village, ON

Mar 24, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village, ON

Apr 8, 2006 10:00 PM Skool Cafe Blue Mountain Village, ON

they play at two doors down most thursdays, which is very convenient as i live two blocks away from two doors down (there is no need to be confused by that). they kick ass. their repertoire is primarily covers done well, lots of balls in their music, lots of volume, good southern style rock. i totally love it. they're the kind of band that gets the adrenaline going without having to be cheesy (a la acdc) their originals are very moving and rhythmic. i love their shows and see them regularly.

I caught literally their last tune I think it was Friday in Guelph - were you there Rider. I was joking with the band after about not bringing you out for their safety but to watch out if they start getting fan mail.

They really are a tremendously good bar band. Best thing to come out of Sudbury - much better than November Allstars who admittedly play originals rather than covers.