Jambands.ca

Chef Battle

M.O.B.E

I just was asked by the owner of the restaurant I work in to take place in Durham Region, Battle of the Hors D'Oeuvres. Its a competition between local chefs with a wine tasting and the whole pomp and circumstance. Battle of the Hors D'Oeuvres first, then I'm goin after the Iron Chef title! The best part of the whole competetion is all the proceeds benefit Big Brothers and Sisters. I'm so excited for this I dont even know where to start.

Since your looking towards mushrooms, I think you should do some sorta Mushroom Timbale w/ a Garlic Pomegranate Sauce... yeah Pomegranates, you should definately use Pomegranate.

Check this http://www.pomegranates.org/recipes.html

Click on main courses, do something like that Halibut one, smaller pieces or course, but maybe wrapped in Phyllo. White Sauce? Pomegranate Garnish?

just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the press show yesterday...I think I have this one in the bag. I'm the only one who has an original dish. I have 2 pics, when I figure out how to post them I'll share my culinary delights with everyone. Gazpacho Jello and Rosemary Sorbet is a hit!!!!

anyone have any tips for interviews?? I gave a hockey player interview yesterday...alot of umm and uhh. It's quite nerve racking talking to a tv camera.

looks tasty

best of luck brother!!

speaking of mushrooms, just dunked my first shiitake growlog the other day, its sitting, im waiting for it to start growing the pins, you can see the mycelium colonizing the wood. super cool. realllly looking foward to cloning a few and getting a nice patch growing, maybe enough to supply local healthfood stores/markets, if not, well me and my woman will be eating good haha!

bwahahahahah!!!!!

my one buddy here had a pilot for his cookin show, few episodes, not too sure if its breathed its first breath on TV yet, havent talked to him in a while but it was a howl, smoking doobs and drinkin rum while cooking cheap, yummy, healthy batchelor-type meals, idea was kinda getting the most bang for your buck.

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

the winner was Derek Leung owner/chef of Chantrelle Bistro in Bowmanville (formerly of Mondo Cafe). The guy is amazing. His dish was a shu mi style, pecan crepe stuffed with curried chicken and sweet potato.

Mario Battali isnt worth my time to battle. I'm not into a pizza battle.

As for the cat, I'm still waiting to hear from the Humane Society to see if it is even still alive. That was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen in my life. Disgusting in that someone would actually do something like that to a harmless cat and disgusting in that it's entire head was mangled. If the cat made it, I will adopt it.