Jambands.ca

Reminder: American Idol 5 starts tonight

ollie

who cares?

and for everyone that watches the show...why?

I can only speak for myself.

I care. I think others here do as well. (That said, I have to wonder why you'd post in a thread regarding a topic you don't care about.)

Anyway, here's an answer to your question:

I find it very entertaining.

Sometimes I hear good music. Other times, I enjoy watching young hopefuls getting a shot at a career, and it's quite heartening to see how happy they are just to be appreciated. I also enjoy the first couple of episodes of each season for the opposite reason, as you get to see people who actually think they're talented making fools of themselves.

Does that help you understand?

who cares?

and for everyone that watches the show...why?

I can only speak for myself.

I care. I think others here do as well. (That said' date=' I have to wonder why you'd post in a thread regarding a topic you don't care about.)

Anyway, here's an answer to your question:

I find it very entertaining.

Sometimes I hear good music. Other times, I enjoy watching young hopefuls getting a shot at a career, and it's quite heartening to see how happy they are just to be appreciated. I also enjoy the first couple of episodes of each season for the opposite reason, as you get to see people who actually think they're talented making fools of themselves.

Does that help you understand?

[/quote']

Yea I guess I understand, if I don't watch it I guess I can't really bad mouth it, my bad

Just not my thing tho, for instance when Bo Bice came out with Trey at Bonnaroo I was not happy...until he went into the Abbey Road medley...that made me happy.

To each their own...

ok so i've NEVER willingly watched any idol show. i've seen it, cause others were watching it, but never have i sat down and turned it on.

so tonight, seeing as i have 2 channels, it was that or some crappy detective show that i'd never heard of. so i watched the 2nd hour. more like, downloaded good tv and did some writing while it was on in the background.

but that crazy dave guy....hilarious. i can now see why people watch these first try out type episodes. the attitude of these people is funny. the glimpse at general, everyday america (through the eyes of the idol producers) is EXTREMELY interesting.

The I shot the sheriff guy was awsome, thats why I watch the show, where do these people get the ideas that they are good?????? I personally love watching the wannabe divas, the paris hilton chic rocked!!! wow what trailer did she and her mother come out of???? and the SPAZ MAN????How in the hell did he make it?? Oh thats right they have to find someone to make the show interesting

I also liked the "auntie" dude. I always get suckered by that setup... town of 300 people... his mom crys when he sings... guy has got to be good to go through the bother... god no, he's awful!!

And I love Simon's "memories of England" non sequitirs... "You know, like your auntie who starts singing after lunch."

I felt bad for her, mainly because she was only 17, and that was probably her "nicest" outfit.

Insulting her dress like that is simply pompous, inappropriate, and indicates to me that Simon's got his own self-esteem issues. (Of course, it's comments like that, which keep me coming back for more...)