Jambands.ca

Stephen Franke in Ottawa March 4: Avant Garde

bradm

And if you order vodka at this bar, they don't just pour it into a glass over ice. Instead, you get a glass with ice (+ water), and stuck into it is almost a test tube kind of thing with the vodka in it. You put the "test tube" into the ice(water), and it chills the vodka without watering it down as the ice melts. (The bar has a strong Russian ethnic vibe to it, especially the menu.)

Aloha,

Brad

Actually, it isn't as scary as you might think. I know Long & McQuade rents PAs (with pretty much everything: mixer, power amps, speakers, stands, mics, cables, etc.) for tens of dollars a weekend. Heck, even the little unit Hux has would work in that room.

Aloha,

Brad

Jesus Bradm, you even beat me to the announcement, and I'm the guy booking the show! It was only confirmed yesterday afternoon.

Indeed with the help of Bradm and Lara Purvis, we finally found a venue for Saturday March 4th. If they have a PA, great, and if not, Dave Lauzon has offered to lend one, and as mentioned, we can rent as well. Either way, we made it our mission to find a venue in Ottawa because we're coming to play til our fingers bleed, then run over to Quebec and party like crazy maritimers in Mike and Sharon's hottub til we look like prunes and they kick us out or until the chlorafecal count becomes dangerous...

Oh boy, we're excited to be coming...