Jambands.ca

what the thunder said , Lure, Inglewood Jack - Mar 10 - Mavericks

Deeps

I had a great time at Mavericks Friday night. WTTS really impressed! I wasn't sure what to expect and I was surprised by the heavy edge of a lot of the material and the slight prog-rock sound. The live EP sounded great the next day so I know it wasn't just the beer.

Thanks to Brad and Matt for the discs, and nice to meet you Steve, you're a solid dude! I hope you guys make Ottawa a regular stop.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

** Wouldn't it be the Harvard Mouses? Like' date=' one Maple Leaf, two Maple Leafs (not two Maple Leaves).[/quote']

I'm not sure, so I took a guess; I have no objection to "Harvard Mouses", though. I suppose "members of Harvard Mouse" would work, but I found that a little cumbersome.

Aloha,

Brad

Hmmm, I'm not sure either, so I'll defer to Dr. Evil on this. He's the language guy in our band, that's for sure!

What I do know is that I am extremely excited to have an Ottawa date on my calendar! I love visiting Ottawa and the wonderful people that I've connected with over the last 5 years that call Ottawa home, I'm stoked at the thought of playing some music, and I look forward to hearing Inglewood Jack and to working on some new dance moves!

Glad to read that the March 10 show went over well. I was impressed with What The Thunder Said when I recently heard them play The Starlight in Waterloo.

Peace, Mark

I look forward to hearing Inglewood Jack and to working on some new dance moves!

We'll try to keep that in mind as we plan/rehearse for the show... :)

I wonder if we could get dancingfool to make an appearance...having him and tonin bustin' moves out (in their respective structured/frenetic vs. liquid styles) at the same time could be interesting...

Aloha,

Brad

I wonder if we could get dancingfool to make an appearance...having him and tonin bustin' moves out (in their respective structured/frenetic vs. liquid styles) at the same time could be interesting...

The floor would melt.

ad

It was fun to play to new people in a new setting.

I think the recording points to us being a little nervous musically...tempos are up somewhat.... increased severity of back spasms at about the 20 minute mark didn't help my flow....I fought through it though and walked like an old man for the next 2 days.

There were some nice moments in our set...the jam that came out at the end I thought was fresh sounding....I think we relaxed to a point we haven't in a while. Looking to improve on this performance, but still pretty happy with it.

The attendance at this show exceeded all of our expectations. After all was said and done we had 160+ people through there...good job by the bar and the bands for getting this done.

The recording also points to people getting involved in the show which was in no small part due to Inglewood and Lure warming it up well and my innate fear of luke-warmity. The crowd was receptive and stayed involved up 'til the end...clapping and singing along...that's what makes me feel the best. That was a nice feeling.

Meeting Gentlemonkey and Ollie and reuniting with StellaBlue were skank highlights for me.

Looks like we're able to have a good party in Ottawa, we'd like to do it again soon.

It was a pleasure to work with these bands and have the fun that we did out there.

Lure and Inglewood came with different line-ups than I had previously seen. I thought they both had improved since I last saw them, looking forward to hearing the recordings so I can get a feel for the show without working the door or organizing band members.

Good times.

Deeps