Jambands.ca

what the thunder said , Lure, Inglewood Jack - Mar 10 - Mavericks

Deeps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my name is Steve ... I am in this peculiar position where I am in a band and want to share some music with people.

I have done my market research and have realized that people around here smoke the weed, which has been linked to some forms of memory loss.

So I throw this post back up to the top of the board in the hopes that some who have forgot may be excited that they remember again.

Seriously I am excited to come and play some music in Ottawa and hope to meet some of you there.

Much respect,

Deeps

You saved me a bump. ;)

I also want to add a special plea: this is WTTS' first visit to Ottawa (correct me if I'm wrong, Deeps), and it'd be great to give them as much time as possible on stage to show off what they can do. So the earlier people arrive, the earlier I can get on stage, which means Lure can start earlier, which means WTTS can get out as much music as they can before closing time.

In other words: the earlier you get there, the more music there'll be, and the more fun you'll have. I want to start at 10pm, but I'm fearful a lot of people will miss the set, not to mention having to possibly play to an empty bar; I'm fearful, but hopeful I'll be proven wrong. :)

i woke up kinda sick today but went to work anyways.

I showed up and the power was out to the entire building!!! I made it to the 11th floor and our managers told us that the power would be out for the rest of the day and sent me home!

I spent 2 hours with Ollie putting posters and tix around town for the Sisters Euclid/Lauzon show on March 31st and now I'm back home.

I don't think I'll be able to make it out tonight. The kleenex is running low too!

have a great time tonight.

I spent 2 hours with Ollie putting posters and tix around town for the Sisters Euclid/Lauzon show on March 31st and now I'm back home.

If it's not too gauche to hijack this thread for a moment, I'll have tickets on me tonight if anyone is interested in making an advance purchase.

If it's not too gauche to hijack this thread for a moment' date=' I'll have tickets on me tonight if anyone is interested in making an advance purchase.

[/quote']

Hook me up. (A copy of the poster'd be nice, too, but I understand if there aren't any left.) I've also got a disc for you, ollie.

Aloha,

Brad

** Wouldn't it be the Harvard Mouses? Like, one Maple Leaf, two Maple Leafs (not two Maple Leaves).

I'm not sure, so I took a guess; I have no objection to "Harvard Mouses", though. I suppose "members of Harvard Mouse" would work, but I found that a little cumbersome.

Aloha,

Brad

On behalf of Inglewood Jack, thank you! We knew it was going to be a fun night, but the crowd was there early on, and that gave us the incentive and energy to bust out what I think was our best show so far. And to the people who surged through the force field and got up and danced (mattm, I'm looking in your direction :)), an extra special thanks. Seeing people dance is an honest/unfakable indication that we're doing the right thing.

We also thank Mavericks, Lure, and especially What The Thunder Said, for having us do the show. Watching Lure and WTTS was also a blast for me, as I think both bands brought out their 'A' games and took the show up another level or two each, easy.

Aloha,

Brad

(mattm, I'm looking in your direction :))

hehehe. Yeah. If you ever watch Dazed and Confused there's a part where the "nerdy" guys are in a car eating and talking about what's to come with their lives. The one guy says "I just wanna dance!!" and it's really funny but whenever I see it I think man, it's true, that's all I really want to do.

Thanks for playing dance worthy material. I had a great time at the show, that's for sure.