Jambands.ca

There are others like me

AD

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Britons chat to their motor cars: survey

Nearly half of British motorists regularly talk to their cars, giving words of encouragement ahead of a long trip and lavishing praise for a job well done at journey's end, research says.

A survey of 2,000 owners also found 40 per cent thought their car had a personality and was capable of being upset whilst 19 per cent worried about how their car was feeling.

The poll, conducted by organisers of July's British International Motor Show found women rather than men tended to have a close relationship with their car.

Giving a pet name to their car but not their human partners was admitted to by 20 per cent of women

The survey that revealed fully 47 per cent of drivers talked to their cars, also looked at how people felt about their cars across the country.

Drivers in the south-west worry most about their car's feelings, with 36 per cent admitting concern compared with just 15 per cent in the Midlands.

Drivers in the north-east were most likely to attribute a character to their vehicles with 68 per cent saying their car had a personality, compared with 28 per cent in Wales.

- Reuters

fwiw, niffer and i named our car "emily car" when we were in victoria.

hahah, that's perfect.

i gave my car a name when i first got him, but forgot it the next day. from that day on i haven't renamed him for fear of giving him an identity crisis.

ad