Jambands.ca

new apple products - BoomBox

bouche

Steve Jobs is going over new products introduced by Apple today. They've really updated the mac-mini and have introduced the iPod Hi-Fi.

Here's some info:

iPod Hi-Fi

Home stereo. Reinvented.

Looks like a center channel speaker with iPod dock on top.

Comes with inserts for every iPod. Two buttons - volume control.

Pull black grille off of white box to reveal three speaker drivers.

Integrated power supply - no brick.

Power it off of six D-size batteries if you want. "Several hours outside."

Two 80mm mid-range drivers in sealed acoustic suspension.

In center is 130mm dual voice coil woofer, ported bass reflex design.

Great bass, doesn't distort when cranked up.

Universal Dock connector and integrated handles.

It's a sealed resin enclosure, and doesn't vibrate.

IPod integration: there's a software update for iPods that puts a speaker menu item in the main menu.

Tone control, backlight always on or off, large album art on or off.

Screen can go black and just show album art.

Controlled with the Apple Remote.

Price: $349 - Goes on sale today.

I totally thought we were gettin the new fullscreen video ipods today. Apparently, the rumor is that the new ipod will have a full wide screen across the front of the unit, with a touch screen clickwheel. If you look around, you can see some of the "leaked" patents. Oh well, guess it will be April for the unveiling. In April, Apple celebrates its birthday, and the story goes that if the new ipods weren't released today, they would be made public on in April

The boombox unfortunately is missing some features that I'm sure Apple MUST include if they upgrade it.

It needs WIRELESS fuctionality to stream music from iMac, possibly a video out so that your iPod display can be fullscreened on your tv to allow for easier selection of music from across the room, display photos, video (for newer models) and sound.

I have an iPod doc that has no speakers yet it manages to have a video out.

I totally thought we were gettin the new fullscreen video ipods today. Apparently, the rumor is that the new ipod will have a full wide screen across the front of the unit, with a touch screen clickwheel. If you look around, you can see some of the "leaked" patents. Oh well, guess it will be April for the unveiling. In April, Apple celebrates its birthday, and the story goes that if the new ipods weren't released today, they would be made public on in April

yeah, alot of people were 'expecting' more than they got. It's actually quite funny how pissed off people on blogs got when apple didn't announce this device. 'IF' it is ready, they would most certainly wait until the big 30th anniversary.

As well, Microsoft is said to be announcing some sort of handheld device...possibly tomorrow called 'Origami'.

My theory....Apple and Microsoft are combining forces and releasing a product together. As well, they are going to combine their technologies so that we can by macs and run windows vista on them. Apple may just integrate alot of their features into the Vista code as well.

Jobs and Gates are older and wiser and perhaps don't feel the need to compete.

my 2 bits.

well, it's only 100 bucks more than Apples huge block, but it does't contain speakers.

I certainly want one, but I would need to be mad rich, or I could just save and not buy something else.

Apple should still buy this guy's design though. That would be a great device if it were cheaper and you could power any speakers you wanted to.

imp_sm.jpg