Jambands.ca

Frontier town vs. Hookahville

Swifty

Unfortunately this year both the May long weekends in Canada and the U.S. fall on the same dates this year. It may be a dilemma for some folks on this board. I'm all for Hookahville becase there are many more weekends to party in the saloon. Where will all the Chathamites decide to party???

Hookah no doubt about it zeddy. Upon further investigating i found out Hookah is playing the week-end after their long week-end which is a change in their traditional memorial day week-end bash. so needless to say everyone can hit both parties! for me only hookahville because jen and i are going to Bonnaroo which is only two weeks after hookahville and those will be two very expensive weeks.

Frontiertown, for me and Alexis. I can't imagine missing out on it, especially with the canjam scene being what it is right now. Jukejoint and nero should be there (at the 24), and I'm assuming that we can expect another heavy East Coast presence. Hookahville is tempting, but a little expensive. See you all there, can't wait for a lineup. Jay

www.phishhook.com/lists/PhishRaver

Maybe with hooka the same weekend, some of my friends coming up saturday night may actually be able to get in, i was getting worried.

No worries, CTMF will be out of this world.

Plus, a little birdie told me Jukejoint may be headlining or at least playing the may24 bash.

As well, they contacted Darren THE DAY AFTER he booked Guesthouse for last night shows opener.

Imagine Jukejoint opening for TWO sets of BURT. We were THAT close last night. When Darren told me, i almost fainted due to the potential oxygen loss that would have occured.

It is hard to find a better deal than Frontiertown. Good times, good people, reasonable price tag. It seems a lot of the US festivals are getting a little too pricey, but there seems to be something for everyone. Hope everyone has a safe and happy party whereever they end up.

Ghosttown for this guy.

Unfortunatly as I have put many times,I cannot cross the border,so Hookahville is out for me.(Though it would be cool to check out)

I'm with Jay on this one also,the Canadian scene is really rockin right now and thats where my support will be.May 24 at the ghosttown then the week later the Spring Shaker in the east coast.

(In no particular order)

The Aaron MacDonald Band

Tala

Fat Jebus

Grand Theft Bus

The Jimmy Swift Band

The Wassabi Collective

Can't wait for this festival.

Give'er

Esau13

Way to go Swifty.......make my heart skip 2 or 6 beats!! Make me drop to the floor, break out in a cold sweat and yell for my mom to rock me like a little schoolgirl.

Don't know how I would have chosen....would have probably sat in Chatham and cried the weekend away.

Life's tough.......so much good music!!

Way to go Swifty......make my heart skip 2 or 6 beats!! Make me shake, break out in a cold sweat and yell for my mom to rock me like a little schoolgirl!!

Don't know what I would have done if I had to chose......probably sat in Chatham and cried the weekend away.

Life's tough......so much good music!!

What's this hookahville all about? Where is it? Who plays? What's it cost?

Personally I can't imagine anything replacing frontier for me. Dress in layers, sleep with friends, start a fire, bring lots of blankets, dance to stay warm, keep yourself well fed, it's all good!

PS: A mickey of scotch helps too. Mmmm... scotch.

Hookahville is one of the best festivals I've ever been to. I went last spring and the spring before.

They have one every spring and fall. About 15,000 people show up. It's held at a nice little outdoor venue near Columbus, OH. Costs asbout $60 USD for the weekend, including camping.

"No hassles or bad additudes" they say.

Always a great line-up:

Two nights of ekoostik hookah +

fall '02: Galactic, Robert Randolph, Ricky Scaggs, War, Leo Kottke

spring '02: bela, hornsby, mmw, umphrey's mc gee

Also, Chirs Kuroda has been doing the lights the last couple of years. Really cool.

Just when the duh's are clearing up from Ghost Town, it's on the road to hookahville for another blowout weekend of raging! What a way to start the festival season!

hookahville.com

Spring '02 picture

Archived