Jambands.ca

The Slip 2006-03-02 set list attempt

bradm

Can I say that as I read this shit that I hear Pete (Weirdness), Scott (Guigsy) and Mike (Bouche)'s voice coming out of their motherfuggin' heads, total jokes I swear. Yeah man!

I'm glad you all had your kungless experience of the band for once (or twice) - cause otherwise they would have played an actually kick ass setlist!

MARCUS!!!!

Burlington...it was donuts...and I love Higher Ground...i'd give you a setlist, but I don't know the songs that well!

The Slip

2006-03-03

Higher Ground

Burlington, VT

Even Rats

Dear Melina

Wine And White Soda

Headshot->

Mr. Meowskers

Marc's new tune

I Hate Love

Mudslide*#

Suffocation Keep*

Proud

E: Nellie Jean

*with Sam (pedel steel)

# with Jeremy (cowbell)

(Apollo Sunshine opened)

i cant believe im listening to the show already. nice job, brad!

how bout the beginning of paper birds? northern wish gets his wish?

"OH YEAH!! MUTHERFUCKER YEAH! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!"

awesome.

whoa!

I just came to the computer to see if this has been posted. Sharon is dying to listen to it. thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks so much brad for taping and seeding this so fast. listening to it right now.

coupla q's....

1) does anyone know the name of d1t10? i know i heard this song on my last bout of shows at the end of 2004, so it's gotta have a name, i just can't remember what it is.

2) mudslide is a cover right? of who?

mudslide sounds EXTREMELY similar to a song that i've heard a million times with cully, but don't know what it's called or who sings it. he'd know what i was talking about.

that's the second time i've thought that about a slip song. i've always thought that nellie jean sounded a LOT like bela's big country.

i don't mean they're the same by the content of the lyrics, i mean the music is very similar, the harmonies, the beats, the bass lines, the changes of pace....the mudslide lyrics are different from the song i'm thinking of, but musically, it's very similar.

I have not yet heard the recording but they started Paper Birds while I was getting a beer and there is a good chance I was hollering as I darted to the front.

All in all, it was twice the show I saw in Portland five months ago- made it worth it alone for that Mudslide.

Good times all around...... Except for the drive home: left at noon, drove into whiteout snow, spent 6 hours travelling at 70 kmph, got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, and finally got home two hours too late to use my free VIP Sam Roberts tickets.

Its all worth it to see you folks, and of course BAM!

Thanks for everything to the Econolodge posse- I owe someone a lighter and a bit of nug which ended up in my hoodie..........

Sean

Edited by Guest