Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday!

headymamamyrna

The biggest surprise of the night, obviously, was catching the best Tragically Hip cover band "in Kingston" at The Ports in Portsmouth/Kingston, when all we wanted to do was watch the hockey game. Great name too: The Brink. Booche had the best line when they launched into one of their many old school Hip tunes, volume from the amps easily surpassed 11: "I'm on the brink of getting the hell out of here".

And The Brink even took the initiative to put together an original group promo poster which was haphazardly fastened to the wall next to the men's room... and we've all seen this kind of poster before: A black & white photo of the band standing together out in a field.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, presents and overall well wishes. It was great meeting the infamous Tickler and trying to play slide guitar after many beers at the Ports/Bouchard household. Thanks to the Bouchard boys and Headymama and Sharon Williams for the great presents!! (Forgive me, but did Davey Boy and Crystal go in on the DVD set too? If so, thanks a bunch !!!). Thanks to Dogatthestation and Reba for the Phish and Phil & Friends concerts.

And now, Davey Boy's 38th is just around the corner!

And a special shout-out to Badhams for not showing up, but at least he phoned a number of times from his stool at Denny's.

Happy belated B-Day!!!

I tried my best to make it. I evne made it to the Township. Who would have thunk it would taked Denny's and hour to serve us breakfast? Those bastards!!!

Edited by Guest

I tried my best to make it. I evne made it to the Township. Who would have thunk it would taked Denny's and hour to serve us breakfast? Those bastards!!!

Why breakfast at Denny's when you could have had beers and homemade lasagne at HeadyMama's place?

It all seeemed so logical at the time. I had been craving Dennys for awhile' date=' which is something I only do when drinking. So it seemed a blessing in disguise when a bunch of people wanted to hit Dennys after The War of the Worlds. Even better when they decided to go to the Township location. I thought I'd be in and out within an hour and on my way to Myrnas by 2am with at least 1.5 to 2 hours of partying left. I miscalcualted.

I really hope you had a good night. I know I did. Three time War of the World Champions and the Habs humiliated the Leafs once again.

[img']http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3305/kovalevtucker9yl.jpg