Jambands.ca

Bruins Offer Coaching, Front-Office, Playing Position To Ray Bourque

AD

BOSTON, March 30, 2006 — Citing continued leadership problems at the executive and strategic levels, as well as the fact that they could use a little help on defense, Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs expressed interest in signing former All-Star captain Ray Bourque to help the struggling Bruins "in a variety of ways." "In addition to being a favorite of fans here in Boston, Ray Bourque is a proven champion," Jacobs said, referring to Bourque's 21 years with the Bruins and his brief stint with the Stanley Cup-winning Colorado Avalanche. "I believe the leadership, vision, and motivation he exhibited during two decades as a professional hockey player will translate extremely well to his new roles as head coach, general manager, and hockey player." The 45-year-old Bourque announced he is considering the offer, but will weigh it against the opportunity recently offered to him to become concessions, lighting, and entertainment director entertainment director for Boston's TD Banknorth Garden.

BOSTON, March 30, 2006 — Citing continued leadership problems at the executive and strategic levels, as well as the fact that they could use a little help on defense, Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs expressed interest in signing former All-Star captain Ray Bourque to help the struggling Bruins "in a variety of ways." "In addition to being a favorite of fans here in Boston, Ray Bourque is a proven champion," Jacobs said, referring to Bourque's 21 years with the Bruins and his brief stint with the Stanley Cup-winning Colorado Avalanche. "I believe the leadership, vision, and motivation he exhibited during two decades as a professional hockey player will translate extremely well to his new roles as head coach, general manager, and hockey player." The 45-year-old Bourque announced he is considering the offer, but will weigh it against the opportunity recently offered to him to become concessions, lighting, and entertainment director entertainment director for Boston's TD Banknorth Garden.

is it me, or does the last sentence make this seem like a joke?

Alexi Zhamnov is pretty useless.

Tough to be "useful" when he's been hurt for all but 24 games this year, that after a lock-out year and missing camp due to injury. I think it's safe to assume that no one knows if Zhamnov has anything left in the tank.

On paper the Bruins had a great top 2 lines to start the year - Thornton, Murray, Samsonov, Zhamnov, Bergeron and somebody. But we all know how that turned out...

Alexi Zhamnov is pretty useless.

Tough to be "useful" when he's been hurt for all but 24 games this year' date=' that after a lock-out year and missing camp due to injury. I think it's safe to assume that no one knows if Zhamnov has anything left in the tank.

[/quote']

He's been injury prone for half his career, big contract making him tough to trade and an "old" 35. That's what I meant by pretty useless.