What's for Lunch today?

rubberdinghy

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

holy frig i think i just saw the greatest thing ever

in the food court across the street, an older french dude carrying a tray from the chinese food place with fried rice, an eggroll and what looked like general tao's chicken, ambling up to A&W and ordering a burger to round out his meal!!!!!

I so wanted to go see which burger he ordered and pat him on the back but i don't know how to say "You are my fooking hero" in French

• 2 weeks later...
holy frig i think i just saw the greatest thing ever

in the food court across the street, an older french dude carrying a tray from the chinese food place with fried rice, an eggroll and what looked like general tao's chicken, ambling up to A&W and ordering a burger to round out his meal!!!!!

I so wanted to go see which burger he ordered and pat him on the back but i don't know how to say "You are my fooking hero" in French

Tu es mon fooking hero...with an accent over the e..

• 5 months later...
Today I'm having trouble figuring out if I should:

(a) get a mozza burger

(B) get a double mozza burger

© get my usual fruity assortment of fruit, baby carrots, nuts and yoghurt

any sage advice, o wise forum?

(B), and then have © as a side or dessert.

You didn't include any options for beer(s), though. What's up with that?

Aloha,

Brad

Well I could spit into a glass a few dozen times right about now, add some carbonated water and i'd probably have a close approximation to Lucky Lager (not that that's what I was tippling last night, for the record)

I'm going to assume you could manage to produce 1 fluid ounce of saliva, to which 11 fluid ounces of carbonated water would be added. If the resulting "beer" is 5% alcohol by volume (i.e., has 0.6 fluid ounces of pure alcohol in it), that means you're SAC* has to be about 60%.

:thumbup:

Aloha,

Brad

* Saliva Alcohol Content, a new measure I just invented; it uses volume percentages rather than mass per volume as in Blood Alcohol Content.

• 1 month later...
This is what I had for lunch yesterday. Smoked meat from Schwartz's!

n607020972_1774516_8658.jpg

I hate [color:green]envy you.

I heard about a place called "The Main", which is right across St. Laurent from Schwartz's, and which apparently has smoked meat that's almost as good, but which usually isn't nearly as crowded as Schwartz's. Does anybody know it, or has anybody tried it?

Aloha,

Brad

I heard the same thing about The Main. I noticed by the sign in the window that their sandwiches are a buck cheaper and there was no line-up. I'm not averse to trying it out by when Schwartz's is "right there" it's hard to pull myself away. ;)

I've only ever had take out from Schwartz's so have never had to wait in line. I can't imagine eating inside anyway, it's way too bright and chaotic in there.

I've only ever had take out from Schwartz's so have never had to wait in line. I can't imagine eating inside anyway, it's way too bright and chaotic in there.

Most of the times I've been there, there's been a line-up for take-out*, but if you wanted to sit down at a table, you got in right away. (And when I've eaten inside, it wasn't too bad, but you have to dig the old-school decor and "feel" to the place, as well as be comfortable sharing a table.)

Aloha,

Brad

* One Saturday evening I was there, a guy in front of me in the line was ordering six pounds of smoked meat, sliced, along with a couple of loaves of bread. Needless to say, his order took a while.

Most of the times I've been there, there's been a line-up for take-out*, but if you wanted to sit down at a table, you got in right away. (And when I've eaten inside, it wasn't too bad, but you have to dig the old-school decor and "feel" to the place, as well as be comfortable sharing a table.)

Must be dependent on the time of day. I think I've only ever been there on Sundays around noon and it's the exact opposite line-up situation. Good to know!