Jambands.ca

Pink Talks to Highschool Girls in Toronto

Deeps

Yeah, I think that was pretty good of her. I walk around downtown and see all the young folks, highschool age, and all I can think is the word stupid or dumb. I don't want to and I hate to label people I don't know but that's the just the idea I get. For all I know older generations have been saying that about the younger ones forever but I'm not so sure.

Then they try to bum a smoke off me.

I walk around downtown and see all the young folks, highschool age, and all I can think is the word stupid or dumb.

Even if they are, in fact, stupid/dumb, it's worth noting that this doesn't mean that all highschool age kids are stupid/dumb: the smart/wise/responsible kids could be at home studying, at work, etc.

Aloha,

Brad

I walk around downtown and see all the young folks' date=' highschool age, and all I can think is the word stupid or dumb.[/quote']

Even if they are, in fact, stupid/dumb, it's worth noting that this doesn't mean that all highschool age kids are stupid/dumb: the smart/wise/responsible kids could be at home studying, at work, etc.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, that's why I hate labeling and generalizing but I'm talking the ones that are hanging out and walking around and that I actually see. I live across from a highschool, though, so I see the kids coming in and out every day and my statement remains the same. I should also add that the feeling I get is not that they are lacking in intelligence but that they are dumb by choice, just like the article mentioned (hence why I posted).

I saw this article in the paper on the weekend and I thought it was a generally good message to send. But to be cynical for a moment, the appearance also makes for great marketing. I wonder how many moms read the story in the weekend paper, decided Pink was a good role model for her child then went out looking for the new CD.