Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Drums & Tuba + David Lauzon in Ottawa 5/9

bradm

I don't know how to describe what they sound like to me, but there are aspects of Drums and Tuba that I really dug which can compare to certain aspects of Radiohead that I really dig. They way their rhythms, chords and melodies combined and exploded was definately reminiscent of what I hear in Radiohead.

I didn't realize that the set was 'just over an hour'. It felt much longer than that. At least one beer longer.

I really have no doubt that they have been influenced by radiohead. I guess that may be a better way to put it from my last post.

I didn't see you phorbs! While D+T were on, I seemed to hover up by the stage at the end of the bar watching everything. THere were many moments of "where'd that come from" and I was trying to figure it out (ie: a horns line out of nowhere).

Then, somethign whizzed by my eye, DOWN. I thought I was seeing things and stared at the ceiling when I realized I was seeing drops afterall. I told the bartender and he BOLTED upstairs (that would have been a good time to top up my beer).

I don't know how that can happen exactly while we're watching music, but sure enough the water continued to increase to a point where the Tuba guy pointed out that there were drops hitting his gear and it quickly got covered up and the set ended.

I got a good taste of them and I'll definately see them again.

I found it sounded like NIN at times.

funny... said the same thing a few times tonight to people at the bar... the drummer's voice gets very Trent-like at times

enjoyed it a lot... didn't go super long (11:20 - 1:00-ish) but felt like a full show

Edited by Guest
yes

I found it sounded like NIN at times.

funny... said the same thing a few times tonight to people at the bar... the drummer's voice gets very Trent-like at times

enjoyed it a lot... didn't go super long (11:20 - 1:00-ish) but felt like a full show

interesting, i thought the singing / drumming sounded a LOT like ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead at times. The Austin connection is there...

AD