Jambands.ca

Slowcoaster

OB1

Not this time around, my friend. The 50-hour drive will be prohibitive.

EDIT TO ADD: I didn't mean the above comment to be sarcastic. I really could be in Ontario at that time, as I do visit pretty regularly, so it's not unreasonable for Afro poppa to ask. Just not happening this time. Anyway, I didn't want Afro poppa to think I was being flippant; and if I were in town I'd be there for sure and would insist on meeting up with Afro poppa.

Edited by Guest

Not this time around, my friend. The 50-hour drive will be prohibitive.

EDIT TO ADD: I didn't mean the above comment to be sarcastic. I really could be in Ontario at that time, as I do visit pretty regularly, so it's not unreasonable for Afro poppa to ask. Just not happening this time. Anyway, I didn't want Afro poppa to think I was being flippant; and if I were in town I'd be there for sure and would insist on meeting up with Afro poppa.

Its all good my friend, I look forward to meeting you one day!

I've always been puzzled by Kung's love of Sloco.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're good band, always a great time, and if you look up any of my comments about them on this board you'll see that I've spoken highly of them and encouraged people to check them out.

But to me, they've got a bit of a typical jamband sound and their songwriting is a touch pedestrian. Doesn't seem to jive with Luke's usual tastes.

Really?

I really don't even think of these guys as a jamband at all. I consider their sound to be unique, modern, and fresh.

I don't know what you meant about "pedestrian" songwriting, but I can tell you that the words to "You Can't Change Me" amuse the hell out of this skanc, every time.

you should be really sorry you missed out marco especially since it was your bday and all (happy day by the way)....dave played brilliantly and slow coaster did a nice 2 set show that had all 12 of us in attendance dancing and head bopping

their songwriting is a touch pedestrian

That's not a bad way of putting it. They're not smarty pants lyricists a la Steve Malkmus or something. What they have in spades is HEART, they have this innate sort of musicality irrespective of genre. They used to play these big mushroom fueled beer busts in NS and they told me about some acid party thing in PEI once (maybe with some old Leary types or associates) - they always struck me as digging deep into the collective well of the acid mind (in a good way).