Jambands.ca

look out hammertown!

Sheebs

edger, I am moving asap, will be staying with my ma until I find a place. I would like to make that stay as short as possible! I haven't lived with the rents for a long time.

whiteymusuem,

thanks that neighbourhood is the ideal area!

I am on a mission to have my own place for the first time ever, but if a really sweet deal came up I might be persuaded

Oh, it's a sweet deal alright...

Looking for a roommate - musicians welcome

Ahoy

My two roommates and I are about to move into a new house in the West end, and we're looking for a fourth to join us.

We are:

- Me (Aaron), 23, male, Communications/Cultural Studies student at Mac, musician, writer, all-around music nerd

- Matt, 25, male, world-class bass player and video store clerk, also music-, movie- and video game-nerd. No joke, Matt co-starred in a TV pilot called Geeks on Parade...I'm sure he'd be delighted to know that I've used that as his defining feature

- Sasha, 20, female, Visual Art student at Mac, artist, music-lover and generally an easy going gal who likes to bake cookies

We:

- Are extremely laid-back

- Are rather unmaterialistic

- Have, between the three of us, a positively MASSIVE vinyl record collection

- Probably aren't interested in subscribing to cable television, but could be swayed by the right potential roommate

- Are cigarette smokers to varying degrees, but don't smoke tobacco in the house

- Love old things and pledge to fill our lives with as many cool artifacts from the days before we became a throw-away society

The house:

- Steps from the Barn, Westdale Village, 15 min walk to Mac, GO bus from Toronto stops very close if that interests you

- Has a large yard which will provide much summer fun

- Has five bedrooms total, 3 up and two down. One of the basement rooms has been dedicated as the jam room and will be filled with my drum kit, numourous amplifiers, basses and guitars, and home recording rig. Your instruments welcome as well, space permitting.

- Has a laundry room in basement as well

- Has two full bathrooms, one up and one down

- Is really a HOUSE as opposed to the standard Westdale dorm/rooming house style affair

- Is at the tail end of renovation (will be complete before the 1st), and when done next week we'll have new countertops and a new dishwasher, a new front door, new sinks and faucets in the bathrooms, all bedrooms painted, and renovated basement with large common room (I'd estimate 15' x 20' or so, but don't quote me) and large jam room with sub-floor (not that we're worried about a flood, but I figure if there's one room where it'd be really handy to have a sub-floor...)

- Has a locking shed (bone dry inside) for bike storage etc

The empty bedroom is about 8' x 10' (also a rough estimation) with a closet, has a large window, on the main floor (house is a bungalow) and right next to the bathroom. Rent for you is $370 plus utilities; it's a little less than we pay because the room is the smallest (though not really that small by any means). Essentially we're looking for somebody equally laid-back, somebody who digs sitting around listening to records, who will join us in occasionally laughing at idiots and contemplating existence in appropriate doses, somebody who would either be happy to make use of the jam room or tolerate (even enjoy) its use under reasonable circumstances.

Not much else I can think to say. Post or e-mail with any questions: goldstein_aaron at hotmail dot com

Thanks

p.s. Available June 1, but we'll take what we can get

p.p.s. Anybody renting would have to sign a lease with the landlord from moving date until May 31, 2007.

house.jpg

It's not quite living on your own, I know...but we're cool folks. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Edited by Guest