Jambands.ca

For crying out loud

TheGoodRev

....I feel a GoodRev benefit concert may be in order here.

Yup. Great idea.

I didnt want to say anything because I dont know you Rev' date=' but BoogieKnight is echoing the thoughts (almost exactly) I have had since first reading this thread.[/quote']

I love the live music idea.

I didnt want to say anything because I dont know you Rev, but BoogieKnight is echoing the thoughts (almost exactly) I have had since first reading this thread.

I hear you man, but I have to say I really don't think I run with those types of people...though I suppose you never know. It's odd, the dates of these gigs are on my MySpace but I didn't really publicize them, post messages and such like I usually do, because I didn't have the time. Roommate Matt and I were wondering if somebody had been watching us leave the house to rehearse virtually every night for the past couple weeks. I'm still considering my sailboat theory mentioned above, too. And I have to say, the theory that it's connected to my repeated message board posts seeking a roommate still seems valid to me. Like I said, it probably had more to do with Stillepost than this board.

As for the insurance question: we had not looked into insurance yet as we had just moved in. In the past, though, I have never been able to find a company that would insure more than two unrelated parties in one single dwelling (i.e. that did not have separate units). The last time I was robbed my Dad checked with his insurance company, but his premiums would have skyrocketed, and for the value of what I had lost it simply wasn't worth it.

As for a benefit concert...on the one hand, I'd be honoured and graciously thank Deeps for suggesting it and the rest of you for supporting the idea. I'll be honest, though; I'm fortunate enough that, were the situation worse and I had been left without a place to live, money for food, whatever, I would never be left out in the cold, as it were. I am not, by definition, a 'needy person', and while this robbery stings like a motherfucker - I lost some irreplaceable shit and my roommate lost a TON of replaceable but collectively expensive shit - it could have been way worse. I'd be all for some kind of benefit for a drop-in centre or some other social program that would keep these dicks out of my shit and maybe help some of their sorry asses to live real lives one day. Not that the bastards that robbed me deserve that kind of help...

I would never be left out in the cold, as it were. I am not, by definition, a 'needy person', and while this robbery stings like a motherfucker - I lost some irreplaceable shit and my roommate lost a TON of replaceable but collectively expensive shit - it could have been way worse. I'd be all for some kind of benefit for a drop-in centre or some other social program that would keep these dicks out of my shit and maybe help some of their sorry asses to live real lives one day.

That's awesome Rev. Seriously.