Jambands.ca

The Grateful Dead Trivia Thread

The Chameleon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i was not specific enough, booche gets it. i had thought that "cigareetes and coffee" and "smoke gets in your eyes" from the "Smoke" soundtrack were his final recordings, but the Grisman sessions are a pretty good contender.

mr booche, you're up.

What song is being discussed in the following?

REICH: Well then if we wanted to talk about 'name that tune' uh, could you say anything about where it comes from?

GARCIA: You gotta remember that you and I are talking about two different 'name that tune'. You're talking about the 'name that tune' which you have heard formalized on a record, and I'm talking about the 'name that tune' which I have heard in each performance as a completely improvised piece over a long period of time. So I have a long continuum of 'name that tune'which range in character from each other to real different extremes. 'name that tune' has meant, while I'm playing it, almost as many things as I can sit here and imagine, so all I can do is talk about 'name that tune' as a playing experience.

REICH: Well, yeah, talk about it a little.

GARCIA: I can't. It talks about itself.

From where did The Grateful Dead get the name of its publishing company?

Aloha,

Brad

Answer: Ice Nine pulishing, got it's name from a Kurt Vonnigut novel in which a special type of "super Ice" that melted only at extreme heated temperatures, as such it could freeze any ambient water to ice around it. It was put forth in the nove, (I forget the name), that Ice-9 could be the thing that destroys the world...

Sweet I'm...447424.jpg

Here goes...

[color:blue]Question: "Jerry Garcia nd Rock Scully have both admitted that while recording the first Grateful Dead album circa 1966/67, that the band was under the influence of a certain drug, throughout most of the recording, and this affected the sound of that album. What drug were they on?

Hint: It was not LSD...

Benzedrine?

Aloha,

Brad

Nice one BradM Benzadrine it is. Correct! Jerry latter remakred he felt embarassed when he listened to that record as everything sounded so comically manci and all the tracks were short, except Viola Lee Blues.

obat2.jpg

Charlie Parker and Duane Allman also admitted to using Benzadrine to stay up for hours on end and practice...

Brad your up...get to it....

Edited by Guest