Jambands.ca

The Grateful Dead Trivia Thread

The Chameleon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it that "Dick's Picks" releases have to be completely GD master reels? ISTR some amazing shows (8/6/74, for example) being excluded from consideration for DP because they're incomplete, or have to be patched from other (e.g., AUD) sources.

Aloha,

Brad

Not the answer I was going for, sorry.

I'll post the answer within a half hour if no one knows what I'm going for since I maybe asking the question wrong...this is why I've only asked pretty simple questions so far, due to me just suckin at making up questions.

Once I post the answer, ya'll can decide if it my question made sense or not. If it didn't, then I'll sit out until page 6 as a penalty.

"From The Vault" releases are multi-track SBD recordings, while "Dick's Picks" are straight stereo SBD recordings. This allows them to do much more tweaking (e.g., balancing instruments against each other) with FTV shows than with DP shows.

Aloha,

Brad

OK, here goes:

So it was through Bill that I met the Grateful Dead. Jerry Garcia, their guitar player, and I hit it off great, talking about music - what they liked and what I liked - and I think we all learned something, grew some. Jerry Garcia loved jazz, and I found out that he loved my music and had been listening to it for a long time. He loved other jazz musicians, too, like Ornette Coleman and Bill Evans.

Identify "Mr. X".

Aloha,

Brad