Jambands.ca

The Grateful Dead Trivia Thread

The Chameleon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but Owsley seems to disagree.

I just looked up some discs online, and he's credited as "the Bear". There is also a website, www.thebear.org and it appears to be run by Owsley, and he uses the email address thebear@thebear.org.

I concede nothing.

I wasn't going to answer this one, thinking I might get charged with some manner of conflict of interest or insider trading or whatnot... but I waited my forty-five minutes, so here goes.

He was a poster / album cover guy - cf. Aoxomoxoa, Wake of the Flood, etc.

So compromised is my position here that you'll have to take my word for it that she just nodded yes :).

So, then, a tangentially related question: in reference to what is the cover of "Wake of the Flood", and what text had originally been written on it before they were cut before the album went to press?

So, then, a tangentially related question: in reference to what is the cover of "Wake of the Flood", and what text had originally been written on it before they were cut before the album went to press?

is it reference to LSD???

and did it say "Hey Buddy, Take a Whole Lotta LSD Right Now!" written on it????

Was it "Skull Fuck"? (I seem to recall that being the original name for Aoxamoxoa, but perhaps it was Wake of the Flood?)

... and you know I love ya Phorbesie. ;)

Oh, one more thing...

The "MTN" actually stands for "Me Talk Nonsense".

Edited by Guest