Jambands.ca

FS: 2 for Phil at SPAC July 2

Asparagus

It's a going out of business sale. Well, not really, I've just got extra tickets.

2 tickets for SPAC July 2 available for face or reasonable offer. Face is $60. As with the other topic, I will express post the tickets to you, or you can pick them up in Ottawa.

asparaguscorporation@hotmail.com

Did you folks witness the Bonnaroo show?

Just curious because I was left yelling that I won't donate my organs and more depressed than when I see a Gratefull Dead cover band.

It was a tough night to swallow followed by the stomache churning pain of Trey shattering my hopes of musical extasy.

The big bang is over times two.

Guess we got lucky but I still want a next...

I thought/think the Bonnaroo set was smokin...its almost like 72, 73 Dead. It does have its low points but doesn't every show?? I think Joan butchered New Speedway Boogie.

that being said I have now been informed I can't take those tickets so I don't know what Asparagus wants to do with them. So if anyone wants them they are up for grabs again.

How someone can overlooks Phil's "Church Dad" vocals and Barracco's shrill off-key harmonies to criticize Joan's vocs is baffling to me, she's the only one up there who can sing.

->cue: Ratdog/Weir bashing....

sorry man but Im on your team with the Ratdog/Wier, hate to ruin that for ya. I'm not overlooking anything I just didnt like the way she sings that song. Some of the songs Phil sings ie. Birdsong,Eyes are down right horrible most of the time. I like P&F as it is and I don't confuse a Phil show with the Grateful Dead as they are not the same band, Phil just happens to play Dead songs at his shows. IMO I like this lineup better than Warrem and Jimmy as the guitars.

Hux, you must have forgot that there is this feature called Advanced Search, dumbass.

I wonder how Phil Lesh would do on Idol?

"Rad out saaaaaad thissss, laaazy suma-haaaaaaaam"

He'd make the first episdode for sure.

Misrepresentations like this:

This speaks to the main issue I have with Phil post-GD. When forming his own band, instead or writing originals or going in a new direction……………..

Threads that are obviously antagonistic:

Hux started a few of these.

Non-purpled sarcasm like:

Excellent! A Dead 40th Anniversary tour without Phil Lesh! Makes sense to me!

Documentated stories that none of us heard of (but, rightfully, could be true)

Late '70's, Deadheads hanging around the backstage entrance pre-show see a limousine pull up, a staggering Phil Lesh exits the vehicle with a groupie on one arm and holding a bottle of Heineken in the other hand, venue security guard tells Lesh open liquor not permitted etc., Lesh proceeds to drop the bottle which shatters on the ground and continues on to the show with friend.

While reading icy reviews you post:

Does Ryan have pictures of Phil fellating a donkey or something?

Hux says:

I hear he has an ass-on-ass fetish...

Anyone can do a search. Its all right there.

The list goes on and on and on. Before you try to imply that Bouchards (or anyone else, for that matter) jump down Bobby's throat as soon as something bad is said about Phil, you might want to take a strooooooooong look in the mirror and realize you are a hypocrite. Its not even close to the shit you pull. What do you post?

4 things:

1 - Love of Liberals

2 - Hate of anything non-Liberals

3 - Love of Ratdog

4 - Displeasure of Phil

All of which frames your obvious agenda. The act has grown boring, its time to grow. By the way, the mirror is probably in your right-breast pocket.

How someone can overlooks Phil's "Church Dad" vocals and Barracco's shrill off-key harmonies to criticize Joan's vocs is baffling to me, she's the only one up there who can sing.

->cue: Ratdog/Weir bashing....

haha. Weir gets teased. Phil gets bashed.

I really don't think Phil should sing leads ever. I'd actually like to have heard John Scofield sing a tune in there though!