Jambands.ca

Breaking News: Pot legalized in New York!

thatpatguy

The americans used the attrocities of 9/11 to invade two countries to steal their oil (look up afghanistan and oil in google and you might be surprised) and kill many of their citizens so I don't think a weed joke is that bad, at least no one was killed over it.

The americans used the attrocities of 9/11 to invade two countries to steal their oil (look up afghanistan and oil in google and you might be surprised) and kill many of their citizens so I don't think a weed joke is that bad, at least no one was killed over it.

i agree. Yes, it was tragic that many innocent people died on 9/11, but the U.S. has been killing innocent people around the world for decades.

besides, they've already been capitalizing off 9/11 by making movies and songs about the event, so is a weed joke any worse than making money off of 9/11?

For the record, I don't think it should be made fun of but also for the record it didn't occur to me that that was 9/11. I worked for Verizon at the time and did tech support for them. I was working that day and we were told to switch from tech support to compassionate ear so I heard many horror stories directly from those in NY (for several days after as well since NY was the biggest state we covered).

No, i don't mean not to show compassion, and i do feel very sorry for all the innocent lives lost and touched by 9/11, but i don't think the weed joke is any worse than using those events to make money, or to manipulate people into being so afraid that they'll support an unnecessary war that only leads to the deaths of more innocent people. I think it's hypocritical to think one's okay and not the other.

where would you draw the line? Can one profit off the event as long as they come off as being compassionate?

Don't apologize. It's ok if you thought it was funny. No one's judging you bud.

thanks man.. I wasn't feeling judged.. I just didn't realize the can of worms I was opening with the whole thing. All I meant to do was give people a chuckle, not launch a debate. Friday afternoons are bad times for debates. Tuesday evenings are a much better time for debates.

had a long, trying week and appreciated the laugh... too bad some are offended

guess photoshoping the same effect would be more considerate... to a lot of folks that smoke symbolizes people dying tragically, regardless of the politics involved... which is fair enough

I just remember that day like it was yesterday, and probably always will. Haven't seen the movies, haven't read the books and I can't behind any humour regarding it. Just haven't got it in me.

But it'll be different for everyone.

hey have a nice weekend everyone.

BTW, i don't really agree with either, the joking or the profiting, I'm just kinda playing devil's advocate. I just don't agree with the hypocracy of saying one's okay and not the other.

Who in this thread said that one's okay and not the other?

guess that would be the appropriate region for flaunting my high foot/fancy dance salute routine

sounds like a plan! will let ya know when I'm organized enough to come down for a visit... have a few weeks or a month of trying to figure out whats "really" going on in the world before I'll be mobile...

but then, for sure! :cool:

Whoa...

Look what I started.

I didn't mean for this debate to come out either. I was talking on the phone earlier today, when I opened this thread, without really thinking. I was still on the phone when I posted my question about if this is real. I hadn't scrolled up to see the image, or I wouldn't have asked.

For the record, I wasn't offended by the photo. I understand how sensitive an issue this is to many people; though, and I respect that as well.

Happy Friday and Happy Canada Day to all.

FTR, I thought that because they leagalize Pot in NY, they bombed it... that image just reminds me of an attack... it wasn't until a couple hours later I considered it was that they were smoking dope that the picture was all smokey... I think that's why it was only kinda funny, but kinda too odd/'internet powder keg'