Friday July 21

9PM -- 19+ :: $5

Casbah - 306 King St W Hamilton

905-521-4441

ELMO, SHELBY & THE BOYS

(formerly Friends of Hefner)

with special guests TBA

stevesfirstcar-1996.jpg

From the early days as "Big Fuzzy and The Dirt Road Wranglers", to "Drunken Uncles" to "Friends of Hefner", Steve Murphy and band have been passionate purveyors of quality songwriting.

Influenced by the likes of The Band, CSNY, Beach Boys, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, "ELMO SHELBY & THE BOYS" are guaranteed to bring you heartfelt soulful music.

NICE WHEELS DUDE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Jealous of everybody that makes it out to see a 3rd rate band that gets a gig once in a while to fill in when a class act cancels?

It's funny that you say that. Your assessment of when they seem to get booked seems to be pretty accurate for unknown reasons. Your assessment of their quality as a band is way off base. I think they are an excellent band. They have a great stage energy, write great original songs, craft excellent jams, and are a whole hell of a lot of fun to dance and party to. I honestly think they are one of the best and most enjoyable bands to see in the entire scene.

I think they are an excellent band. They have a great stage energy, write great original songs, craft excellent jams, and are a whole hell of a lot of fun to dance and party to. I honestly think they are one of the best and most enjoyable bands to see in the entire scene.

I agree ... they are an excellent band for all of the reasons mentioned above. I also like the selection of covers that they chose to play.

I am curious about the name change ... do I remember somebody saying something about one of the members in the band moving west? Or something like that?

I can't make it to tomorrow's show, but I look forward to the next time I get to dance and groove to this band.

Peace, Mark