Jambands.ca

Peca signing with the Maple Leafs

boogieknight

As much as they sucked last year, the Leafers were only a few points out of the playoffs and had the same number of points as the Oilers. Once you get into the playoffs it's a whole new ballgame...Peca should help, they are still a team in transition though...

Lindross for Peca. Thumbs down. Same difference.

The Leafs couldnt score last year on 5on 5's, so what'd they do? Bolster defence and add a checking forward, and re sign Antropov. Yup, gonna be another terrific season.

Anyhoo, tried to quit this thing cold turkey, for the summer at least, worked for a while...but the middle east thing got my panties in a knot...so, crap...here I am again...this is our year boys, Go Sens Go!!!

I for one think that compared to last year, the Leafs have a dramatically improved team... even with Hal Gill... if one team is going to take a dramatic turn, it should be Buffalo in the East dropping... the Sens could also give up 20 pts... which will put them in the thick of things... MTL is on par with last year, which could be trouble if the Leafs and Boston make significant jumps in the standings... but I think Boston is going to be the most disappointed with their changes... IF the book on Tim Thomas finally shows up, and if the decline of Zdeno Chara is actually happening. He ain't got the same slapshot he had (even before the hand injury), and I think the toll of being the biggest target on the ice is finally affecting his ability to close the gap on small speedy forwards (i.e. Drury, Briere, Afinaganov), as they fly outside him on the wing. He was a $7.5 million dollar man two years ago.