Jambands.ca

west coast bound

bagochips

hey p-lizard,

It's so awesome you guys are going to have this trip together.. I would say check out Saskatoon. Its a surprisingly neat little city and the music scene (lydia's) seems vibrant. Definitley go to Dinosaur Park outside of Calgary. Canmore hotel for a night or two would be a great idea.. lots of cool folks in the area too.

Hope you guys have a great adventure.

-Jay

Johnston Canyon just off the 2A highway which is just passed Banff on your way to Lake Louise is a fantastic quick little hike with two gorgeous waterfalls... if you feel adventurous continue up the 7 km hike to the ink pots.. absolutely gorgeous!

When I lived in Banff, we used to go to Johnston Lake on days off. All sorts of young folks spend the day there.. Its unpatrolled so people bring coolers of beer and hang out all day. Instruments, doobies, etc. The water is clean and the surroundings are beautiful, and if you swim across the lake there is a wicked rope swing.

Stop at the Canmore Hotel

www.canmorehotel.com

I second that. If you're taking the TC Hwy. Just North of Lake Louise there's some beautiful camping on the Glacier Hwy, towards Jasper.

One of my favorite drives in Canada is up the Columbia Valley from say around Cranbrook up to Golden. Stunning.