Jambands.ca

Zune (iPod's Challenger)

\/\/illy

Get a Creative Labs.

I don't like the interface.

I don't like the navigation pad on the Zen Micro but the click-wheel on the older Zen Jukebox is great. I hope they revisit this on their next generation of models.

Does anyone else think that the name "Zune" is not catchy at all? Hopefully that's just the working title.

microsoft should never enter a market where the 2 of the main product principles are design and media... perhaps if people wanted a mobile spreadsheet maker they'd go to the Zune, but I think microsoft has to NAIL this the first time around with better design, better interface, better hardware, better price, better DRM, and better customer service. not to mention something like iTunes...

Very tough uphill battle, esp with Apple already having 70% of the market and 'hipness' built into the product.

AD

edit: i'm an ipod owner and use windows at home... I will stick with the ipod unless something insanely better comes along, all those factors above are my reasons for buying / keeping / wanting to get another ipod

Edited by Guest

edit: i'm an ipod owner and use windows at home... I will stick with the ipod unless something insanely better comes along, all those factors above are my reasons for buying / keeping / wanting to get another ipod

I too am an iPod owner and think it's a great device. However, I need more space. I don't care about bigger screen and video and such but if Apple don't come out with a 120GB model (something that should be easily doable since there are 120GB 2.5" form factor drives on the market) then I will be looking for an alternative if there is one.

edit: i'm an ipod owner and use windows at home... I will stick with the ipod unless something insanely better comes along' date=' all those factors above are my reasons for buying / keeping / wanting to get another ipod[/quote']

I too am an iPod owner and think it's a great device. However, I need more space. I don't care about bigger screen and video and such but if Apple don't come out with a 120GB model (something that should be easily doable since there are 120GB 2.5" form factor drives on the market) then I will be looking for an alternative if there is one.

One of the reasons I bought a Creative Jukebox was for the lap top hard drive. It came with a 60GB but I believe I can upgrade it if and when I am so inclined.

WORD UP. I have a 40 gb but over 65 gb of music and more in other data that i like to keep with me (bringing work data home etc etc..) I could care less about video / screen size, but larger hard-drives would be excellent and necessary.

I bet ya 10 bucks that you never upgrade it ;)

I have friends that have definitely done this successfully. However, as a fellow that works in the computer industry, I have no desire to be dicking around with this sort of thing in my personal life. I just want it to carry my music and play it when I tell it to. No HDD upgrades and hacking the O/S for this guy.

• 4 years later...