Jambands.ca

Musical Box, Massey Hall Dec 2

kookycanooky

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right ON! You'll see me there for sure. I've been catching these guys since 1996. They are sooooo friggin' good.

Every time they play here, I organize a pre-show party with a buddy of mine. They are a lot of fun. We'll be doing it again this time, and I'll post details well in advance. We'll most likely have it at The Library again (above the Imperial Pub). We'll be blasting Genesis the whole time. They have a great patio there for the smokers, and those who like their "green" like me :D :D :D

If you're interested in getting a copy of the TMB DVD that never got released, PM me and I can help you out :)

Be sure to check out Slippermen at the Opera House too.

Anyone who is a fan of Phish should find Gabriel-era Genesis interesting. I always thought that Phish should have covered SEBTP or TLLDOB as one of their Halloween shows.

Later . . ..

Kanada Kev =8)

I caught a "black" show at the Spectrum in Montreal the last time they toured SEBTP. Denis even flew at the end! (Although I'd seen that before in '96.)

Hey Kev, I'm "Oliver" on the TMB mailing list in case you haven't made the connection yet. Nice to see you on the Sanctuary!

Hey Kev, I'm "Oliver" on the TMB mailing list in case you haven't made the connection yet. Nice to see you on the Sanctuary!

HEYYYY!!!! Right on. Good to see another kind soul who appreciates early Genesis as well as all the killer jambands.

Looking forward to the Slippermen show. I'll be having lunch with Joseph Grillo this week and we'll be ironing out pre-show festivities for the gig. I think it will be at the same place we were last time (Blue Moon Pub?) I'll be sure to post here, and you'll see it on the TMB list too .

I've got sunshine in my stomach ...

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - Happy Birthday Ollie

Edited by Guest

I got mine. A buddy of mine took care of it for me. Normally he can score us front rows for TMB at Massey, but instead we're in row M on the centre aisle.

I've been to TMB many many times. I gotta say, being in the front row is not nearly as good as being a bit furthur back. When I caught them at Shea's last December I was front row balcony ... AWESOME to catch the entire 'experience' ... slideshow, costumes, musicians, etc.

I'm going to be burnin' a couple of TMB DVDs. I'll make some extra copies. If you want 'em, you got 'em :)

Kook ... you comin' to Slippermen too?

You must be joking, take a running jump ....

Kanada Kev =8)

The last one blew me away... and this one is supposed to be way better. Even if you are not a Genesis fan, I'd recommend checking it out.

Are you talking about the TMB show, or Slippermen?

If it's TMB and you've just seen the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway show (what a treat), then YES, you will LOVE teh Selling England show. It's got a great setlist, and all the spectacle you could hope for. Only prob is that most venues don't allow them to use flashpots at the end of Supper's Ready anymore ... strobes just don't have the same "punch" :P

As for the Slippermen (Opera House, Sep 9th) they are doing a show focussed on the "Seconds Out" performance era (mainly 76 and 77). Not the same theatrically as TMB, but musically a treat for your ears (and body with the bass pedals )

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

nah paan was with me at the Musical box last time. Slippermen is a bit pricey, and i probably will not make it..(i just forked out a ton for tmb).

I agree, I've seen 11 shows from most every perspective, and being about 15 rows back in the the center is the place to be. I was on the floor 2 years ago, and in the balcony off to the side last year, so i'm super excited to sit in the middle this time!

nah paan was with me at the Musical box last time. Slippermen is a bit pricey, and i probably will not make it..(i just forked out a ton for tmb).

Come on .. you can make it. Tix are $25! I saw one on Craigslist for $20 http://toronto.craigslist.org/tix/192603792.html

Maybe this will tempt you ... 3 hours:

Eleventh Earl Of Mar

Firth Of Fifth

One For The Vine

In That Quiet Earth-Afterglow

Squonk

Robbery, Assault & Battery

The Cinema Show

----- INTERMISSION -----

Dance On A Volcano

Blood On The Rooftops

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway-Fly On A Windshield-Broadway Melody Of 74

Entangled

Supper's Ready

Drum Duet-Los Endos

--- ENCORES ---

I Know What I Like

It-Watcher Of The Skies

I agree, I've seen 11 shows from most every perspective, and being about 15 rows back in the the center is the place to be. I was on the floor 2 years ago, and in the balcony off to the side last year, so i'm super excited to sit in the middle this time!

OOOOHHH YEAHHHH ... prime spot man! It's wild seeing them in different venues too. Where have you seen TMB so far? I've been to:

Danforth Music Hall (countless times )

Massey Hall

Brampton Heritage Theatre

Oakville Centre For the Performing Arts

Shea's Buffalo

I'd still love to catch them in Montreal ... what a treat.

Later. . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Music hall 8 times (all selling england)

massey hall twice (my only 2 lamb shows)

once in Montrael - foxtrot @ the spectrum in '03

spectrum is intresting because its general admission, and they set up round bar tables in the center of the room. plus a line up starts to build around lunch

the music hall was the shit - a tiny theater with a bar, cushy seats and NO crazy ushers. I remember the guy from Q-107 introducing the band at one of my first shows...he asked for the crowd to be conciderate to those around them and not smoke. everyone started boo-ing so he quickly announced 'no smoking tabacco!' and everyone cheered. even the really really old couple next to me sparked a j.

I hear Oakville is a nice venue. i would definatly catch the show if it came that close...

Yup, Music Hall shows will always have a special memory. I was often in the first couple of rows there ... under that big, gaping, missing, chunk of plaster in the ceiling! I always thought that when the ceiling did fall there (with those Genesis bass pedals going) being under the "hole" meant you'd be allright :)

I remember that show where the Q107 dude got booed for asking people to refrain from smoking. The Music Hall was a great hot box.

Seeing TMB in Oakville was kinda weird. Nice little theater ... much like the newer movie theatres with the steeper seating. It was like seeing the show in your living room. It didn't have the 'vibe' of the Music Hall or Massey Hall.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - you want Genesis all day? Check out Meek's Cafe ... streaming Chicago '78 right now http://66.232.102.103:6080/listen.pls

• 3 months later...

Tomorrow night!!!! It's almost here.

Who's ready to party? Pre-show meet'n'greet at the Library Pub. Come on out for some drinks even if you aren't going to the show ... we may even be able to convince you .

TMB Fans Pre-Show Meet & Greet

Saturday December 02, 2006

5pm onwards

The Imperial Pub Tavern (UPSTAIRS in The Library)

54 Dundas St E (just east of Yonge St)

416 977 4667

Totally relaxed and casual setting. Lots of tables to sit around and talk,and some big comfy couches.

For the smokers in the crowd, there is a great rooftop patio at the Library that will be heated for your comfort.

Genesis soundtrack for the evening will be pumped

through the speakers to get everyone in the mood for the show later on and the Leafs (vs Montreal) will be on the big screen!

So come out & be part of the festivities! Have a drink, grab a bite to eat or just chat with other fans before the show.

Feel free to spread the word and hope to see you all there.

http://tinyurl.com/yjmbkv

SEBTPTorontomap.jpg

this all sounds very interesting! i wish i'd paid attention to this before....could have gone to toronto tomorrow to check it out.

will there be a next time?

You can still make it!! :) Doubt there will be a next time. After this, they are off to Europe for a few months. Then, it's back to MOntreal for a big finale :( It's been a great ride.

Many are hoping that they continue on and let Martin Levac (the drummer) step out and they can focus on the '76 and '77 tours .....

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)