Jambands.ca

Who can marry a person?

Deeps

I used Diane Schmolka. I don't know if I would recommend her again. She married my friends a few months before she married us and both my friends and Nat and I had similar issues with her.

The issues were largely of an organizational matter, so I doubt you would have a similar problem going with another officiant.

I'd be happy to talk to you about what I liked and what I didn't like, either PT or email or in person.

Also, and this may be good to know, I'm not a humanist, nor is my wife. We like a lot of what the humanists stand for, but we aren't members or anything. So, you can certainly hire them even if you don't consider yourself to be one or anything.

One thing though, they have a rule where they have to outline what they are about during the ceremony. At least that was Diane's rule.

I wrote the ceremony myself and worked it in. I made sure that the wording was such so that people would understand that these were Diane's beliefs and not necessarily ours. Also, I made sure it didn't come across like a commercial for the humanists or anything.

But like I said, I'd be happy to go over my entire experience with you if you want.

yeah, this certainly sounds a little on the wonky side.

anti creationist?

I think it can't be as black and white as the creationism/intelligent design debate is.

if there was nothing in the beginning something had to be started off - created...

whether it's a 'god created us as we are' discussion or a mixture of evolution and creation...makes no matter to me. I hope you find someone to make your wedding positively memorable.

Make sure that they're the right people to invite to your wedding. Sure you can look for the ideal beliefs, but if they can't sum it up properly you may as well have somebody make the whole thing uncomfortable on purpose like hiring an actor to sit at the head table and get wasted for a speech or to hit on your mother in law.

dive tackle for the boquet/garter?

you could have a lot of fun with that but i'm sure you want to make it beautiful.