Jambands.ca

Questions for Little Feat...

shainhouse

How about:

Who were your largest musical influences in your formative years?

If you could experience, first hand, one event in all of known human history, what would it be?

Are you an Elvis man or Beatles man?

If you could go back and play with any musician in the known history of music, who would it be and why? What song would you play?

I would ask him three questions:

1. How does this edition of Little Feat (post Lowell George w/Fred Tackett), now that it has been stable for like 20yrs, operate, communicate and function differently than the line up with Lowell George? Both musically and as a business.

2. You have played on many peoples records as a session player. Specifically on Pink Floyd's "Momentary lapse of reason", various Doobie Brothers records and Jackson's Brown's "The pretender" to name a few. Are they're any special moments form any non-little feat project that stick out in your mind?

3. You have always been a proponant of the use of various non-organic/synthetic synth tones from time to time. Most notably in "Day at the Dog Races" and often in the middle of "Dixie Chicken" when played live. Did ytou or do you find that hard to integrate into the bands sound given the heavy influence of more organic sounding blues and boogie rock in Little Feat?

That's what I would ask Shain......All the best woth that sounds cool.

Edited by Guest

Ask him about the importance of the Craig Fuller-led years.

Yeah I ahve always wondered about that. Waht was the deal with Craig Fuller? Why was int he band in thew first place and why did he leave?

He seemed really unessesary tot he bands development.

According to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Fuller

In 1988' date=' Fuller was hired by Litle Feat to front the band, singing Feat's old standards as well as new tunes. He led a resurgence of the band which had been inactive for almost ten years.His superb vocals once again had Feat in the national spotlight.

[/quote']

As well, according to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Feat#Little_Feat_after_Lowell_George

Fuller, who had toured with Little Feat in 1978 with the Fuller/Kaz band, had impressed them immensely. Little Feat had been writing a few tunes with Fuller long before he joined them as his friendship with the band continued on past '78. One of them, Hate To Lose Your Lovin' would appear on the band's 1988 comeback release Let It Roll.

(I remember when Little Feat was resurrected in the late 1980s; they even had a video or two, IIRC.)

However,

in 1993 he left the band as the extensive touring forced him away from his family too long.

Aloha,

Brad

I saw their first Canadian show in about 20 years, in 1989. I was blown away. I still wear the t-shirt from that one (which is practically transparent now).

I couldn't believe that show. I had just returned from Dead tour, so I was prepared for an "adequate" concert that night. I just presumed that after tour, there was no way I was going to be overly impressed.

As I said, though. BLOWN AWAY!

Featbase has 1988-06-12 Vancouver listed. It could be wrong I guess, perhaps thats why I haven't been able to find the show.

[edit to add]

According to Featbase, they also played Vancouver 1989-03-05 and then later that year at Kingswood.

Edited by Guest

jaimoe, did pure prarie league do a tune called "amy?" if they're the same guys, that's 10 more points for craig fuller in my books :P

As BradM pointed out above, they sure did. I believe there's two studio versions of the song Amie. I believe Bustin' Out was recorded in Toronto. I believe also, that Vince Gill joined Pure Prarie League well after Amie was recorded. BTW, the song that precedes Amie on Bustin' Out - Falling In And Out Of Love - is meant to flow into the song ala Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid.

Edited by Guest