Jambands.ca

EPL 2006-2007 Season

ollie

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fun time watching the match, but mostly chatting, with you boys on Saturday. Sorry we didn't make it out at night, my mom's plane was delayed over an hour and we were spent by the time we got home.

Steve, very nice to meet you and Leslie. Glad to hear you liked the city so much. Would be pretty cool if you guys ended up here!

Spurs win yesterday marked a weekend of good results for all our teams.

Noticed that Fox is going to be carrying the UEFA Cup quarter-finals this week, add the Champions League matches to that, the CONCACAF club championship on Thursday, Toronto FC debut on Saturday... it's going to be a busy week.

Hahahahaha, Ollie, Barrett and Jimmy in a brawl?

Thanks Mobe. That is one of the funniest things I have ever envisioned in my life.

[color:purple]You were the Nancyboy that had to go home to his Mommy after his Canadiennes were creamed and you find that funny?

Big clubs in secret talk over European super league

I think this is posturing, but if it somehow does happen, what would you support? the super league filled with spoiled & overpaid wankers or the leagues that brought them up to great heights?

I do sympathise somewhat with the reasons they have for doing it but it's harsh and i think it would leave a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths

They have been talking about this for a few years. I know both Rangers and Celtic are pushing hard for this. I kinda like the idea. If the teams were allowed to come up and down from domestic leagues. Say the top 2 teams in each league go into a summer playoff pool and the top 3 or 4 from the pools come into the Super league and the bottom 3 or 4 drop back down to their domestic league.

dodgy:

Poll praised for handling of Song

Graham Poll has been backed by the Premier League and Charlton boss Alan Pardew for preventing Alexandre Song from being sent off against Reading.

Referee Poll gave Pardew the chance to substitute Song during Monday's game before he earned a second caution.

A Premier League spokesman said: "It has got to be beneficial to the game that referees keep team captains and management aware of any issues."

And Pardew said: "Full credit to the referee. He did the right thing."

Song, on loan from Arsenal, had been shown a yellow card for a rash challenge on Steve Sidwell during the first half.

And Pardew had been to see Poll during the break to ask for a "signal" should the young Cameroon player walk the tightrope again.

Pardew claimed he received such a signal and subsequently substituted the midfielder.

The Addicks boss added: "I went to see Graham Poll at half-time and I said to him 'I need to have some signal if it is getting close', and he sent me that signal, so Alex had to come off.

"He gave me a look - which more or less said it all. The referee did the right thing - no-one wants to see a team go down to 10 men.

"And if there was that communication and a better relationship between us and the referees, then we would have far less incidents on the pitch."

dodgy:
Poll praised for handling of Song

Graham Poll has been backed by the Premier League and Charlton boss Alan Pardew for preventing Alexandre Song from being sent off against Reading.

Referee Poll gave Pardew the chance to substitute Song during Monday's game before he earned a second caution.

A Premier League spokesman said: "It has got to be beneficial to the game that referees keep team captains and management aware of any issues."

And Pardew said: "Full credit to the referee. He did the right thing."

Song, on loan from Arsenal, had been shown a yellow card for a rash challenge on Steve Sidwell during the first half.

And Pardew had been to see Poll during the break to ask for a "signal" should the young Cameroon player walk the tightrope again.

Pardew claimed he received such a signal and subsequently substituted the midfielder.

The Addicks boss added: "I went to see Graham Poll at half-time and I said to him 'I need to have some signal if it is getting close', and he sent me that signal, so Alex had to come off.

"He gave me a look - which more or less said it all. The referee did the right thing - no-one wants to see a team go down to 10 men.

"And if there was that communication and a better relationship between us and the referees, then we would have far less incidents on the pitch."

Yeah thats a little bit fucked. Graham Poll is a fucking tool and its time he realised people are paying money to watch a football match not a over excited referee who probably cant kick a ball to save his life. I bet you he was always the last one picked as a kid and then stuck in goal to keep him out of the way and now this is his revenge.

Our highschool soccer had similar rule and so does the indoor league I play in. If you pick up a yellow, you must leave the field until the next stoppage in play or until the referee waves you back on.