Jambands.ca

EPL 2006-2007 Season

ollie

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy fook! Woodgate crocked for saturday!

neviller, cole, woody, richards all out

so i guess it'll be

carra terry rio barry

at the back?!? not much cover if anything else goes wrong...

If you guys lose in Israel...I'm gonna sing Flower of Scotland all weekend next week.

Sportsnet schedule looks like this so far:

7:30 AM Liverpool v Arsenal

10:00 AM TBA

12:30 PM Watford v Chelsea

Looks like I'm gonna lose another bet! ;)

I would imagine the middle game will be ManU v Blackburn. Chelsea V Spurs on April 7th. You might have a chance to redeem yourself.

Nope, Fulham vs. Portsmouth!

So do we all have a date at 12:30 PM for Watford vs. Chelsea? I think that's the most realistic match to see if we want to do it over pints in a pub.

So where's this happening then? Not sure if i can be there through the whole match but i'll try. Somewhere in the market? Ollie, you're an Ottawawanian, where's the best place to watch sports? The Heart & Crown's bigscreen is actually pretty crappy, Maclaren's is great (loads of bigscreen TVs, lots on tap) but i dunno if they're open at that time and don't know if they'd even show footy

In the meantime:

Quote Of The Day

"They've been there, done it and won the World Cup. I've won the CIS Cup. I'm getting there" - Scotland's Kevin Brown looks forward to playing Italy.

Runner-Up

"Someone who has watched a lot of international football called me and said it was as good a display as they had seen over the entire weekend" - Steve McClown continues his descent into madness.

Rumour Of The Day

'The Czech Football Association today fined the national team, which lost 1:2 to Germany in the Euro Cup qualifier on Saturday, one million crowns for the stormy celebrations of defender Tomas Ujfalusi's birthday after the match, team's spokesman Lukas Tucek told reporters today. The team's coach Karel Brueckner said he had been considering his resignation over the incident. He said that such serious violation of rules by players had never occurred in his career as coach. The footballers were punished on the basis of information for today's issue of the tabloid Sip. Sip reported that after the lost match with Germany the players were drinking in Prague's luxurious hotel Praha where they were accommodated and invited several prostitutes to their hotel room in early morning hours. The players admitted that they had not behaved properly for which they apologised. However, they denied having ordered some prostitutes' - The Prague Daily Monitor.

Edited by Guest
edited to add MacLarens link

Im all for whatever you guys choose. Just let me know where and how to get there. I'll have my cell with me too but its easier for me to call you guys so you dont get charged the long distance.

Do any of the pubs do a traditional breakfast in the mornings?? I dont think I can make it through a saturday morning without black pudding and potato scone.

Maybe there's more to this celery thing than we thought...

Chelsea bans fans for throwing celery

LONDON (AP) - Chelsea has banned three supporters for throwing celery during the team's FA Cup replay win at Tottenham.

Chelsea fans have been singing a sexually explicit song about celery and throwing the vegetable among themselves for about 20 years, but the club recently warned supporters that throwing celery could result in a ban.

Two of the three banned supporters were arrested during the March 19 match and the third was reported to the club, Chelsea said Tuesday. Another Chelsea fan was arrested for running onto the field.

About two weeks ago, Chelsea warned its fans that they could be banned if they throw celery at games. The move came as a result of recent reports from referees mentioning the activity.

The club also offered a telephone number for fans to call if they see somebody throwing celery.

well that could really limit the choices!

why do't you just bring a pot of marmite and spread it on whatever tasteless bit of deep fried codswollop they serve up?

Sounds better than Booche's monday morning. Im all good wherever a good cold pint is in my hand and the match is on the tele.

yeah i've been a few times- the breakfast is okaaay but certainly nothing special and not at all 'authentic/traditioinal', and not close to where MOBE'll be staying. creemore on tap though and lots of TVs

if only maclaren's had breakfast...

One option would be to eat before you get there- you could hit the Mayflower on Elgin, then pop over to MacLarens, there MOBE. Mayflower has a good breakkie (often busy on the w.e.) and is close-by what's arguably the best sports bar downtown

I wonder if you could bring blood pudding (bought at a store, for example) with you to a pub, order their brunch/breakfast, and ask them to microwave* the pudding so you can have it on the side.

Aloha,

Brad

* I'm assuming you eat b.p. hot.

I wonder if you could bring blood pudding (bought at a store, for example) with you to a pub, order their brunch/breakfast, and ask them to microwave* the pudding so you can have it on the side.

Aloha,

Brad

* I'm assuming you eat b.p. hot.

yes Brad is eaten hot and its fried. Nothing like the taste of blood in your mouth first thing in the morning ;) It also helps tune you up for a good day of drinking.

As a chef, I would be totally offended if someone brought outside food into my place so out of respect for the cook; I morally can't do it. As a football holligan, I would probably have to chin ya with a pint glass; but thats only because I eat blood for breakfast.

As a chef, I would be totally offended if someone brought outside food into my place so out of respect for the cook; I morally can't do it. As a football holligan, I would probably have to chin ya with a pint glass; but thats only because I eat blood for breakfast.

I'm just imagining the scene:

Waitstaff: May I take your order?

M.O.B.E.: Do you have blood pudding? I don't see it on the menu.

Waitstaff: No sir, we don't.

M.O.B.E.: OK, I'll have the Big Breakfast and, uh [reaches into pocket], could you nuke this on medium for a couple of minutes? Thanks.

But I understand there's a kind of chef's honour code involved, so I completely understand why you wouldn't.

Aloha,

Brad

I want to watch the game today but I just came in from a short trip into Toronto and Im off to work now. I'll watch it online tonite when I get home. I reckon if we can pull a point at least from this game we can finish no worse than second in the group. We already beat France too, so anything can happen.