• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope it's not as shameful a display as last time

anyway, sunday predictions then?

my instinct is to call a draw but somwhow i think there'll be a winner in this

Chavs 1, manure 2

a resurgent shrek with the winner, set up by the hairy one

Chelsea 3 - Utd 1, only because man u tend to overplay the game when they have a big game. Chelsea are out to prove everyone wrong and this is where the fun begins. It really looked like they were holding something back yesterday.

Rangers are through to the round of 32 from a 2-2 draw with Auxerre. Lucky bastards.

As are Spurs from 1-0 defeat of Bayer Leverkusen! Europe is great when your team is stinking it up in the EPL.

Its the only thing Rangers have left this year besides the Scottish Cup. I never thought they would ever be this far back of Celtic before christmas. I dont think Ive even seen this in my lifetime.

How did Middlesborough and Newcastle fair?

Did anyone see that Ronaldinho goal from the w.e.?

Holy frig that was acrobatically incredible!

Totti's was pretty farking good too, off the volley at a tightish angle...

Pretty good game on Sunday, Chelsea really turned it around after the break, they'd been giving the ball away cheaply throughout the first half and i think taking geremi off was the key move. As usual Lumplard doesn't pass the ball, no matter what, when he's within 30 metres of goal, I'd hate to have him in my side- so frustrating

anyway

one of these days i'd like to sit in the georgetown for breakfast booze and then lunch all the while watching footy.

then stumblnig out into the sunshine and making a day of it somehow. or going home to bed after that to sleep it all off. of course this would be a rather expensive endeavour and perhaps best left til European tournament starts up again, but it might be a good thing to keep on the backburner... if they had a pool table it'd be that much better actually

anyway

George Best still lingers...

"I thought I was going nuts when weird things started to happen in my house," George Best's former mistress Gina Devivo informs the News Of The World in what was, astonishingly, a two-page spread this Sunday.

"But after seeing the spiritualist and hearing that Ros, Alex and Phil have all had similar experiences, I'm 100 per cent certain it's George's ghost."

That's right, ladies and gents. Bestie's love for spirits has advanced to its logical conclusion. Don't take our word for it, or even Gina's. George's ex-wife Alex, 'last lover' Ros Hollidge and best mate Phil Hughes all agree that there are weird things going on.

"Funny things did happen after George died, mostly involving water," said Alex.

"Taps went on in the middle of the night. And as I left my hotel room for George's funeral the shower just turned itself on full blast and I couldn't shut it off. My passport also went missing. It leaves me cold."

"George once gave me a CD of 'She' by Elvis Costello and it became our favourite song," said Ros. "On the evening he passed away I switched everything off and two close friends took me out for a quick drink (How appropriate - Ed) as I was very upset.

"When I came back the song was blaring through the house. Then my lights and TV kept going on and off and doors flew open and slammed of their own accord. It's still going on. George would have loved causing a bit of havoc like this."

"One day I was in the kitchen when I saw a football, one that George bought for my daughters, bounce up and down in the garden without touching the ground."

"One night I actually saw him in my bed. I was petrified."

"I'd hear my letterbox banging between 11.15pm and midnight - the time George used to turn up drunk."

Edited by Guest

Knives No, Rocket Launchers Yes

The Sun has revealed that ManYoo's new goal celebration, in which players 'drop to one knee and raise open hands in line with their shoulders and pretend to fire Rocket Launchers' was inspired by online games of PlayStation against their Chelski rivals.

"They are deadly rivals at everything and computer games are no different," a 'club source' is quoted as saying. "It's combat on and off the pitch."

One such Navy Seal wanabee is Sun columnist Rio Ferdinand, pictured in combat at Middlesbrough this weekend complete with that essential imaginary rocket launcher.

This is the same Rio Ferdinand who, just one week ago, made a moving appeal to Britain's youngsters to "denounce the culture of knives and violence in general".

"Trying to be a gangster isn't cool," he continued. "Life is full of opportunity if you can respect yourselves and others. I'm on the phone to my friends back in Peckham every week and they're always telling me about something going on. Every next sentence - somebody has been stabbed, somebody has been shot. It's a never-ending merry-go-round as long as people carry weapons."

89308.jpg

Edited by Guest
savethewhales

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! We're going to have to watch footy for the next 3 years with a facking score tracker blocking out the bottom 2 inches of the facking screen! jebas this pisses me off

The Score outbids Rogers Sportsnet for EPL in Canada

Updated December 6, 2006

The Score has outbid Rogers Sportsnet for the video rights in Canada to the English Premier League (EPL) for the 2007-2008 through 2009-2010 season.

According to The Globe and Mail sports columnist William Houston, The Score has purchased the video rights to all 380 EPL matches each season for 3 seasons for a total rights fee of CDN$3.15 million.

A source indicates that Rogers Sportsnet might discontinue its SoccerCentral studio show, featuring both EPL and Canadian soccer news and analysis, as early as December 30, as Rogers Sportsnet's contract with the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) will expire on December 31.