Jambands.ca

New best live band list from Spin

adambrot

yet another 'top 25' list has just been published by Spin magazine, placing U2 as the #1 live band these days..... any comments???

http://www.popoholic.com/2006/08/29/spin-names-u2-greatest-live-bands-now/

http://www.spin.com/features/magazine/2006/08/25greatestlive/

Personally, I'm glad to see my pals in Arcade Fire were ranked at #3 but these lists are always so subjective... I'm sure the jambanders would disagree with some of these choices though. Flame away! ;o)

cheers

adambrot

U2? Sure. I've seen them four times and the last time was the best, back in September at the ACC. It was just a hands-in-air, life affirming evening that was heartfelt and thrilling, not to mention technoligically stunning.

They don't make 'em like U2 anymore, and that's a damn shame.

They don't make 'em like U2 anymore, and that's a damn shame.

That's for sure. I went to one of the September ACC shows too. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Glad that they played older material too. I was into them back in the mid-80s, but then they lost me after Joshua Tree. Seeing their live concert on TV (from Boston I think?) one night sucked me right back in. They were back to more of their "old" style.

So, Seeing them at Maple Leaf Gardens in '85, then seeing them in '05 at the ACC, seemed like the same energy/spirit/quality. Good for U2.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

they probably have self-respect and taste.

Too-motherfuggin-shay!

> I think I saw that U2 SNL appearance too, didn't Bono sit on the lap of some hotty who was like literally cumming in her pants/melting on national television for the whole 5 seconds he hovered on/around her.