Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Little Feat / Fat Cats @ Hamilton

\/\/illy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the Casbah for the after-party, but unfortunately for me I will not be at PJs to catch the Feat. It's my dad's birthday (and an important one at that), and this was the day that everyone decided was best to celebrate on...

I did however catch LF last night in TO. YOu guys are all in for a treat! I thought they sounded great... particularly their jams. I kept thinking to myself 'i can't believe they'll be playing at the pepperjacks tomorrow'... will be an awesome experience no doubt!!

My highlight last night was the

Dixie Chicken> Tennessee Jed> Dixie Chicken jam....

sweetness!!

Enjoy!! Willy, I'll be expecting full details when I run into you later

Why do Little Feat cover the Dead? Did they ever record "Tennessee Jed"?

I'm not being combative, I really don't know.

When I saw them years back they played "Tennesee Jed" as well as teases on "Dark Star" and "Scarlet Begonias", as well as "I Know You Rider" (which, I know, is not a Dead cover but....). It all rubbed me the wrong way, like they were pandering to the "Deadhead"-ness of their audience.

They have their own strong body of material. I wonder what the motive is in covering Dead material?

Dear Feat-attendees,

The Fat Cats and Casbah could use your support if your intentions are too attend the 'after-party' following the Little Feat show.

With the Feat show now happening in a more bar environment, we are concerned the transition over to the after-party won't be as swift and automatic.

Once the show is out, don't forget to book it on over!

Bests

Brodie (with an assist from the Fat Cats)

I wonder what the motive is in covering Dead material?

Maybe they just like the Dead. Lots of bands cover the Dead. Generally it appears to be well received.

Perhaps they do it in tribute... mayhaps it's just a sure-fire way to get the heads in the crowd all fired up.

I agree, they have enough of their own solid material and definitely don't need to rely on covers.

As for myself, I'll admit there are very few times when I don't appreciate a good Dead cover (if done tastefully).