Jambands.ca

Europe 2006-2007

M.O.B.E

I dont think anyone expected that for the first half.

Thanks for being vague as I plan to watch the match on tape when I get home. I'm intrigued now.

Shame we won't be seeing Hargreaves vs. ManU.

Well done EPL teams.

:confused:

this is the last thread you want to open if you're looking to watch a CL game when you get home' date=' son[/quote']

Sorry if I spoiled anyhing for you. I took you at your words above and figured you wouldn't be snooping around here if you were trying to avoid a result.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont understand why Martin Jol wont play Keano and Dafoe at the same time. If Berbatov is leaving then leave him out and let your players play. Berbatov clearly isnt as good as he is made out to be.

Edited by Guest
to correct my still drunk from lastnight spelling mistakes

music to my ears:

Inter ace Adriano has been suspended for two games after he was adjudged to have won a penalty against Roma by diving.

The Brazilian earned his side a controversial penalty in the 3-1 loss to the Giallorossi last night when he fell in the box, despite not being caught by goalkeeper Alexander Doni.

Although the Nerazzurri did level the game at the time with a Marco Materazzi spot-kick, it has come at a price.

The disciplinary commission viewed the incident today and have decided to punish the player for his simulation on video evidence grounds.

Inter may decide to appeal against the punishment in an effort to get it scrapped or cut by at least one game.

Sir Alex Ferguson has played down the injury crisis that sees him preparing to play Darren Fletcher at right-back.

The absence of defenders Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Mikael Silvestre - and the the likelihood of Patrice Evra to only make the bench - leaves United with a back four of Fletcher, Wes Brown, John O'Shea and Gabriel Heinze.

please if there is a God out there...Let Milan destroy those greedy little red fackers...

Mourinho hid in laundry basket to beat ban

LONDON, April 24 (Reuters) - Two British newspapers related on Tuesday how Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho once allegedly hid in a laundry basket used for transporting the club's kit to get round a UEFA ban covering a big game.

The Daily Mail said it happened two years ago when Mourinho had been barred from contact with his players during both legs of a quarter-final Champions League tie against Bayern Munich.

He was being punished after indiscretions in the previous round with Barcelona.

On the night of the home leg, observers were convinced that Chelsea fitness coach Rui Faria was using an earpiece hidden under a woolly hat to communicate with the manager, the Mail said.

Both the Mail and The Times said Mourinho arrived early at the ground, watched the game on a TV in a dressing room and delivered the pre-match and halftime talks.

Both papers alleged that about 10 minutes before the end of the game, which Chelsea won 4-2, the manager clambered into one of the laundry skips.

He was then wheeled away to Stamford Bridge leisure club where it was claimed he had spent the entire evening.

Both papers quoted a Chelsea statement saying: "The situation is very clear. Both matches were controlled by UEFA and they were more than satisfied on both nights that their ruling was intact, hence the statements that were issued by UEFA at the time and subsequently.

"The only reason to publish this so close to a big match is to serve an agenda that is intended to undermine our team."

Chelsea play the first leg of this season's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

The Daily Mail said UEFA would not be taking up the alleged episode with Mourinho. The Times suggested they were unlikely to act because of the time lapse.

I saw the first half before I had to leave for work. It wasnt all that good. Kaka scored a cheeky goal with that header to split the defenders. Then I get home from work and I check the score hoping Milan held on. Then I went upstairs and strait for the diaper bag and the wipes.

Caption contest:

fullj.getty-fbl-eur-c1-man_utd-ac_milan_5_14_35_pm.jpg

Hold still so I can check your hrumm!

I love moronho's silly "war of words"- he doesn't hold a candle to Rafa in that realm:

Rafa Benitez has dismissed Jose Mourinho's claims Liverpool will target Chelsea players with two yellow cards in their Champions League semi-final.

"It hadn't crossed my mind, but maybe it has Mourinho's because that is what Chelsea did two seasons ago to Xabi Alonso," said Liverpool boss Benitez.