Jambands.ca

Tawdry Bits Of Glory Dept.

bradm

Back in August, I went to Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa to see and record David Lauzon (listen to that recording here), Michael Sasso, and Marc Charron. A week later, I was at a Lure show, and, since Marc is a member of Lure (as well as a solo performer), I brought a copy for him.

Well. According to his news postings

August 22, 2006

I'll be releasing a live record that was recorded on the 12th of August at Cafe Dekcuf here in Ottawa. Entitled, "Live in Ottawa", this album showcases my live sound as recorded by Brad in the crowd 2 weekends ago. You can pick em up from me at shows starting this week ( I hope ).

Sept. 6, 2006

I am happy to announce that starting this weekend, the live record will be available at shows only. Entitled, " LIVE IN OTTAWA" and recorded by a fan in the crowd at one of Ottawa's finest establishment's - Cafe Dekcuf, this album is a honest representation of the live show. The cd's will be numbered and limited.

Does a taper's heart good, that does. :) (And if you have a chance to see him while he's on the road these days, definitely go, his shows are enormous fun. And if you like the show, buy the record to help support him.)

Aloha,

Brad

Congrats Brad! Is this a paying gig?

I don't think it is. Marc's offered to get me a copy, but we haven't discussed money, which is cool, because I don't want any: I'd rather all the proceeds go towards keeping him playing & touring. (This goes along with my "taping as an investment, not as cost" idea, with the investment paying off in having musicians get better musically, draw more, do better in bars, etc., all of which makes for more and better music for me to listen to.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Added quote.

awesome Brad!

(Though I believe 'tawdry' implies something like being caught with your pants down around your ankles, with a skunk or other furry, in a darkened space, and by people who really didn't expect to see that. So in this case, I think you've misused the word. But in this case, I'll let it go, seeing as yer nearly famous and all)

(This goes along with my "taping as an investment, not as cost" idea, with the investment paying off in having musicians get better musically, draw more, do better in bars, etc., all of which makes for more and better music for me to listen to.)

Aloha,

Brad

[color:purple]Damnit, Brad. Why do you have to be so selfish all the time?

Way to go, brother!