Jambands.ca

Domi retires...

Blane

:P

Tie Domi to retire: report

Last Updated Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:29:20 EDT

CBC Sports

Tie Domi — best known for dropping his gloves — has decided to hang up his skates.

Tie Domi, right, spent his last 12 years in the NHL with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The longtime NHL enforcer, who spent the past 12 years of his career with the Toronto Maple Leafs, will officially announce his retirement on Tuesday afternoon, a source told the Canadian Press.

Domi, 36, played 1,020 career NHL games with the Leafs, New York Rangers and Winnipeg Jets, amassing just over 3,500 penalty minutes to go with 104 goals and 141 assists.

More to come

grindsmygears3.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? This Tie Domi bullshit. This dufus is one of the most over-rated hockey players to ever be in the game. Don Cherry and the Toronto media made this clown an icon in that city because it certainly wasn’t his ability to play the game. I cant believe that press conference much like I was shocked at how pathetic that 1000 game ceremony was. If you fell for this crap you are stupid, plain and simple. I am really glad he is gone so I don’t have to hear his name being brandied about as some great hockey player. Now, we just have to deal with idiotic Toronto speak about Carlo Colaicovo. Can someone tell me why his name keeps popping up? HE'S DONE NOTHING!

And that is what really grinds my gears.

Just wait till Darcy Tucker retires. Then you'll see just how truely stupid the average Leafs fan is. I mean he actually had a twenty goal season.

Tucker's a jackass, agitator, diver, scapper and a very effective player, especially for the money. And get it right, he had a 28 goal season. And under his current contract, NHL teams would line up to get him.

Therefore they should retire his jersey and put him in the hall?

I think the theme of this thread is that Leaf fans generally tend to overrate their own players, never stopping to realize they're really just celebrating mediocrity. Which is probably why they'll never win again, cuz as long as management brings in a guy who scored 30 goals once, ten years ago, the fans will rejoice.

Edited by Guest

Therefore they should retire his jersey and put him in the hall?

Not my point. It's just Tucker's name got dragged into it when this is an overrated Domi thread. Tucker is a pretty effective 2nd line forward - as he has been in the latter part of his career - even though the league outside of Toronto hates him. I don't even like Toilet Hands Tucker, but he is fearless - although there's a fine line between fearless and foolish (see Chara).

The one thing Leaf fans get and Leaf management does not is the ineptness of Nik Antropov. Why this guy gets slated on the top line year after year I'll never know. But then again, the Leafs are a bad team, so maybe it's just desserts.

F Tucker, F Domi, F Quinn, F Sundin, F Antropov, F Telquist, F Kabrle, F the last 5 years of Leafdom. They aren't going to do shit this year and need whole sale changes, not one or two more skilled players who'll all end up on different lines from each other anyway.

Maybe they can talk Francis out of retirement, or make more stellar deadline signings like Luc Fucking Richardson to prove once and for all that it isn't just that the Leafs don't care about their fans, but rather that they have an intense dislike of them.

The Leaf management or to be more accurate, MLSE, care a great deal about one thing: money. What they don't care about - which flies in the face of the greater NHL franchise Montreal Canadiens - is that MLSE could care less about the integrity, passion, or history of the game. It's all about the bottom line - just ask Eugene Melnyk regarding his rejected purchase (by MLSE) of Maple Leaf Gardens. Man, I can't wait to buy groceries at the Gardens.