Jambands.ca

James Brown at NAC

LJFH

you know I'm really mixed about this...

James Brown is in my top 5 bands/artists of all time.. I could spend the rest of the day talking about the genius that is James Brown...

BUT...

he lost it way back in the early 80s. You could even argue that he lost it back in the late 70s.. he was certainly over his prime at any rate.

I saw him when he came to bluesfest back in 200 I think it was. I just get sad seeing him now, knowing what he used to be and seeing how pathetic he is now.

That being said, he still has one hot bloody band, so that alone could be worth admission.

It's hard for me.. I don't know if I'll go to this gig... there are really times when I wish I could hop into a time machine and catch him back in circa 1971... that would have been amazing!!

i had a fun time seeing him a few years back in tokyo but yes it was disappointing if you're expecting to be floored. chuck berry opened and his set was better.

the band was definitely smokin though...and they came out to a little soul bar with us afterwards (with their horns) and shroomed and rocked all night, so that was really fun.

:)