Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

I thought that was a heck of a hockey game last night. I couldn't get over how hard the Habs forwards brought it for the first half of the game. The Ducks big Dmen weren't able to punish them like they did the Sens earlier in the week because they couldn't catch them!

You could tell that the Habs were out of gas and just holding on by the end of the 2nd. But then they got out of the period tied and started the 3rd re-energized until the Getzlaf (beauty spin pass!) goal completely deflated them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I have a WICKED stream right now. Possibly the best I've had all season.

Fun first period. Montreal is looking solid clearing the puck from in front of Price, and got a couple of goals on good plays.

Here comes the second!

[color:red]MONTREAL - The 21,273 Bell Centre spectators chanted Carey Price's name early as the Montreal Canadiens rookie goaltender worked on his second career shutout.

Price made 38 saves as the Canadiens downed New Jersey 4-0 on Tuesday to jump past the Devils into first place in the Eastern Conference.

''It's tough not to be ready for the next shot when you hear that,'' the 20-year-old said. ''It definitely motivated me.''

Guest Low Roller

So the Habs have a heavy emphasis on prospect development... It's so heavy in fact that there is a spill-over from Hamilton into the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.

These Cyclones are 30-3-1 since mid-December and are absolutely dominating the league, led by four Quebecois prospects in the Habs system:

- Davis Desharnais ©

Signed a rookie AHL contract with Hamilton after being a walk-on at training camp this season. Currently he has a 27 game point streak going, and leads the league with 82 points.

- Thomas Beauregard (W)

Signed a two year AHL contract as a free agent over the summer. Went undrafted even though he ammassed 124 points in 69 games. In his rookie season he's the second top scorer for the Cyclones with 60 points in 54 games.

- Mathieu Aubin (W)

Signed an NHL contract in 2006 after being from the same draft class as Price, G. Latendresse, and Little Tits. Progressing slower than the others, travels between Hamilton and Cincinnati, but still has 37 points in 33 games for the Cyclones.

- Olivier Latendresse ©

Recently acquired in a trade for underachiever Cory Urquhart, Olivier has 14 points in 10 games since moving from the IHL to the ECHL.

Cincinnati also has the last true "Enforcer" in the Habs system, Jimmy Bonneau. 61PIM in 18 games. He's slowing down after three consecutive seasons in the Q of 200PIM+. His contract expires at the end of the season. Can't see him being re-signed.

Guest Low Roller

Killing time on YouTube before the game tonight....

Disclaimer: We don't win them all

1979 Playoffs

Montreal vs. Toronto, Game 1

1982 Adams Div Semifinal

Montreal vs. Quebec

Game 5, OT

1985 Adams Div Final

Montreal vs. Quebec, Game 7 OT

1986 Finals

Montreal vs. Calgary

Game 5

1987 Conference Final