Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

Guest Low Roller
RDS said tonight:

Quel beau jeux du O'Bryne

when they could have said:

O'Bryne sent it up the boards instead of taking the open chance up the middle to a streaking Dandenault.

Come to think of it, I remember Yvon Pednault going into detail why the play was "un beau jeu de la part de O'Byrne" and how he showed the poise of a veteran by not passing it up the middle.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Carbs will think about Lapierre refusing to fight? Isn't his role to be the shit-disturber? Maybe he tried to draw the guy to take a dumb penalty.

you just answered your own question.. hes a shit disturber not a fighter. two different things, he will fight if he has to but thats not his main role.

Guest Low Roller

Yes, I suppose.

But given all the recent talk about the Habs not getting physical enough, you'd think that Lapierre would want to give a good impression by dropping the gloves if called for.

Instead it was a #5 d-man who is feeling the heat of a D roster 8 players deep.

Still, discipline wins games not blinding rage. Right Mr. Chara?

Guest Low Roller

And the revolving door game on wing continues for the first line. After trying and failing with Ryder, Kostopoulos, Streit, Smolinski, and Latendresse, Mathieu Dandenault is the next player to draw his name from a hat as Carbonneau desperately looks for the right piece to the puzzle.

It won't be long until they end up bringing Sergei Kostitsyn to the majors for a stint on the top line, which frankly can't be any worse than all the other players that tried to play on this line. Remember that Sergei played with Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner in London last season, and both those guys are doing well in the NHL.

Your guitar has never sounded better. It's in fantastic shape. Kick it.

Ahem. And why is that?

;)

Is it too early to start the "Carey Price should be playing in the minors" discussion?

Price is playing well for a rookie and getting plenty of ice time. I'd rather he stay in the NHL.

I think he will be fine. I don't think he's lacking for confidence. He's been extremely successful at every level he's played. If anything I think sending him down would be a blow to him. The Habs are playing right where most people expected them. The aren't as good as they started the season and aren't as bad as they are playing now. The will fight all year for the 7th to 10th spot. I like that Price is getting his experience in the NHL. He has better coaching and mentoring at that level.

Guest Low Roller

Price was doing great at the start of the season, but his play has gone down, just like pretty much everyone on the team except for Kovalev. It's too early to panic with Price and send him down to the minors.

If Huet is ready on Saturday will they actually play him against the Leafs or will they give Price his fifth start in a row?

Call me crazy but tonight is really going to have to show me something from the Habs. At the very least I best see some character, no matter what the result even though this is a team that the Habs better had beat at home.

Vinny or not its time to right this ship because there aint any easy games in todays NHL and the Bolts suck on the road.