Jambands.ca

3 natural hat-tricks in one night!

dave-O

This was a pretty neat stat in the paper...

A little fuel for Leafs fans this morning. Nine nights into this NHL season, the truly despised Darcy "Mother" Tucker has more goals than Dany Heatley, Peter Schaefer, Antoine Vermette, Mike Fisher, Wade Redden, Chris Phillips, Meszaros, Hamel, Brian McGrattan, Chris Kelly, Anton Volchenkov, Tom Preissing, Alfredsson, Dean McAmmond and Patrick Eaves, COMBINED.

Where's this bragging? I don't think you'll see anything but concern about this year's squad from Sens fans.

OK, maybe not bragging, but a lame, unprovoked slam on the Leafs when the Sens get shutout in the same night? That's what gives some teams' fans a bad reputation (and many Leaf fans are like that ... i know!)

I think the Sens should have concerns for sure. Like i said before, i think that Muckler is past due and should be shipped outta there for the good of the team (much like Quinn was long overdue to leave the Leafs). It should also be a do-or-die seson for Alfie, IMHO. He's like a Jim Kelly ... get close, but never finish. However, Kelly made it to the 'big game' 4 times.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Yup ... here's some details on hat tricks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat_trick

The term natural hat trick refers to when a player scores three goals consecutively in a single game. The goals do not have to happen in the same period.

A player accomplishes a Gordie Howe hat trick by scoring a goal, getting an assist, and winning a fight, all in the same game.

Former Blackhawk Bill Mosienko holds the NHL record for scoring the quickest hat trick. He scored 3 goals in 21 seconds against the Rangers on March 23, 1952.

Mario Lemieux once accomplished what was unofficially referred to as a "Mario Lemieux hat trick" in 1993, by receiving radiation treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma the day of the game, and then scoring a goal and an assist that night against the Philadelphia Flyers. He has also recorded a "5-Goal Hat Trick" or the "Ultimate Hat Trick", in which he scored in all five possible game situations in one game. He scored on a Powerplay, shorthanded, even strength, penalty shot and an empty net goal. Lemieux is the only player to have done this in NHL history.

Unprovoked?

Who blew a 3 goal lead in the last 15 minutes last night?

Who was stinking it up on TV every Saturday night throughout my childhood despite there being excellent teams from Alberta that we could have been watching?

The Leafs deserve every ounce of my fury! ;)

LOL ... and the Sens aren't one of them .

Man, Sens fans really have issues with Toronto ... you gotta let some of it go, for your own health!

btw - I was born and raised a Habs fan. Love 'em to death. I've still seen more games at the old Forum than at MLG and ACC. Going to the Corel just isn't as fun when the cab costs $40 each way!

Ollie, we know that Shania will wear ANY pro jersey in any city she's in ... what about Phil Collins? Seen lots of pics with him with hockey jerseys on ... has he donned a Sens one yet?

Did you say that you could, or couldn't, make it to TMB in Toronto in December? Try to do it if you can and we can party.

Cheers,

Kevin