Jambands.ca

New Years Eve 2006 with The Burt Neilson Band @ Mavericks

Mavericks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think 10:00pm was pretty early. Work backwards: assume the second set goes until 2:00am, and is an hour and a quarter; that means the second set will start about 12:45am. Add in half an hour for set break, that means the first set will be over about 12:15am. Again, assume the first set is an hour and a quarter; that means it (and the show) will start about 11:00pm. (The ticket says "two huge sets.")

Edit to add: I plan on getting there well before 9:00pm, though, to get a good spot and get set up.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I'd guess there'll be tickets at the door, but I wouldn't want to get there later than really early if I were counting on getting one. My ticket says the doors open at 8pm.

Yikes, thank gawd Guigsy called and woke my sorry ass up, or I'd probably have slept through the entire night. It's 8:30 now, so I'm definately not making it there that early.

I'll push my luck and see what happens if I hit the doors a bit later on. See y'all there, maybe

Set I

-----

St. Andrews

Turn To Ashes >

In The Belly

Bored Again

Fresco Lopez >

Revolution Blues[1] >

Fresco Lopez

Martian

Glad Tidings[2]

Distraction

Set II

------

Full Tilt

L >

Bellboy[3]

Standing There

Lost And Lonely

Holes >

No Quarter[4]

Strange Companion

Palace Moon

Encore

------

Anabanana >

Chevron

[1] Neil Young cover.

[2] Van Morrison cover, with guest Scott Farmer on lead vocals.

[3] The Who cover.

[4] Led Zeppelin cover.

Aloha,

Brad

Dr_Evil_Mouse and Calamity Jane gave me a ride from THAT PLACE to the mall across the street from my place. With a backpack full of gear and a mic stand, I managed a precarious walk/slide/shuffle across Carling Ave., up my laneway, and across my driveway, all while remaining remarkably vertical.

And then I tripped coming through my front door. Miraculously, I wasn't hurt, and I managed to safely end up in bed.

Aloha,

Brad