Jambands.ca

New DMB Compilation (w/ Ottawa relevance)

bradm

According to

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=9338

Dave Matthews Band's unique double disc, The Best of What's Around, Vol. 1, representing the band's versatile strengths on stage and in the studio, is now available for preorder! The Best of What's Around, Vol. 1 is a comprehensive collection compiled by fans via the band's website and features twelve essential DMB studio classics and eight never-before-released live recordings spanning the band's career.

People who pre-order the package (or buy the downloadable package) get a bonus CD of live tracks. The full track listing for the package is

Disc 1: Studio

The studio disc contains the hits from each of Dave Matthews Band's studio releases:

Under the Table & Dreaming

- The Best of What's Around

- What Would You Say

Crash

- Crash Into Me

- Too Much

Before These Crowded Streets

- Rapunzel

- Crush

Everyday

- So Right

- The Space Between

Busted Stuff

- Grey Street

- Grace is Gone

Stand Up

- Hunger For the Great Light

- American Baby

Disc 2: Live (fan picks)

The live disc contains recordings of favorite songs and shows chosen by fans!

- Don't Drink the Water: Sound Advice Amphitheatre / West Palm Beach, FL (7.18.05)

- Warehouse: Alpine Valley Music Theatre / East Troy, WI (7.2.06)

- Say Goodbye: Mile High Stadium / Denver, CO (7.25.00)

- Stay (Wasting Time): Verizon Wireless Amphitheater / Selma, TX (7.19.03)

- Everyday: Saratoga Performing Arts Center / Saratoga Springs, NY (6.17.06) featuring Vusi Mahlasela on vocals

- Louisiana Bayou: Nissan Pavilion at Stoneridge / Bristow, VA (6.26.05) featuring Robert Randolph on pedal steel guitar

- Ants Marching: State Theatre / Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (3.26.05)

- Two Step: Giants Stadium / East Rutherford, NJ (6.11.01)

The BEST OF WHAT’S AROUND ENCORE CD OF LIVE FAN PICKS:

- Minarets: Great Woods / Mansfield, MA / (8.31.95)

- #41: Corel Centre / Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (4.20.02) featuring Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

- What You Are: Saratoga Performing Arts Center / Saratoga Springs, NY (6.16.06) featuring Rashawn Ross

- The Last Stop: Darien Lake Performing Arts Center / Darien Center, NY (6.20.03)

Aloha,

Brad

i'll have to go through my stubs and see if i was at this show... i reallllly doubt it, but i did see DMB at the corel centre twice, and one show featured one of the best jams i've ever seen, with the flecktones. but i think it was 98-99...

I never thought DMB would ever release a "Greatest Hits" album, but I guess this is as close to it as it comes.

Yep, the New Meanies were at MLG in '98.

I saw all the Canadian dates that year with BF&FT, inlcuding that amazing #41 at The Corel Centre. That run also included a wild (and long!) Two Step at The ACC with Bela.

you are right about the new meanies, man i've never heard a more annoying strat that on that night. i love their album but that opening gig was shite.

i was at this april 20 gig in 2002. i kinda thought i was 'over' them by then.

i'd love to hear that jam again, i still have the melody in my head.

I never thought DMB would ever release a "Greatest Hits" album, but I guess this is as close to it as it comes.

when they announced it earlier this year, they made it clear it was a reluctant release that was just to fulfill part of their RCA contract, something they HAD to do.

To their credit, they decided to accentuate it by asking fans what individual live versions of tunes they could throw on there.

you are right about the new meanies, man i've never heard a more annoying strat that on that night. i love their album but that opening gig was shite.

That was the first time I had seen them since they were called the "Blue" Meanies and they were playing to 50-some people in bars in Kingston. You're bang on - their sound was putrid and their set was terrible that night.

I saw all the Canadian dates that year with BF&FT, inlcuding that amazing #41 at The Corel Centre. That run also included a wild (and long!) Two Step at The ACC with Bela.

yeah that 2 step was fucking hot...that was the last time i paid to see him i think...

That Two Step was unreal, although it was definitely at the Molson Centre in Montreal and not the ACC.