Jambands.ca

mp3 authoring/tagging question

dave-O

You can set the title by just right-clicking on the file in a WinXP Explorer window, and selecting the "Properties..." item, which brings up a dialog that has a tab ("Summary") for it. I don't think the dialog has separate fields for the artist/title/album fields, but you can maybe cram all that into the title value.

Aloha,

Brad

I think that separate fields will come up for each of those, actually.

I just tried it on an MP3 file, and got fields for "Title", "Subject" (which was greyed out and so couldn't be filled in), "Author" (also greyed out), "Category" (also greyed out), "Keywords" (also greyed out), and "Comments".

Aloha,

Brad

I use ID3TagIt, haven't found a better one yet but then I haven't tried any other ones. The key thing is what willy mentioned above and that's the ability of the program to update many mp3's at one time (just select a folder, for example, and update all mp3's in it with the same info like band name, etc, all in one fell swoop).

yeah that tool is a good one.

if you don't want to install new software you can change multiple files at once with the simple windows method above though too, just multi-select, right click, etc etc..

i do all my tagging in itunes anyways.