Jambands.ca

any skanks still in Korea?

Blane

I've left, Blane. I'll 85% for sure be returning again for round two in January or February though. I'm pretty sure Hamilton is still there. Where are you headed? I'm in Luang Prabang right now. This city is literally charming the pants off me!

edit: Come to think of it, I'll be in Seoul for 12 hours on December 14th, on my way back to the Hammer.

Edited by Guest

hey kevO,

I'll be in Indonesia from Dec. 2-25th (first 2 weeks working in Jakarta and Yogyakarta, remaining 10 days on holiday in Bali or somewhere else warm and sunny). After that I'll fly into seoul and spend most of my short stopover there ('till new year's eve). I'll be staying in I-mun-dong, which is my old neighbourhood in the north of the city, near Dongdaemun market.

Doesn't sound like our paths will cross, but I hope your trip is great!

Hey Hamilton, I still have a hookup for a decent gig right at Daechi station, if you're interested. Its proof-reading and editing high school english essays and university application papers. Super easy, no teaching, no pressure, and I think 25,000 won per hour... Not a HUGE sum, but the hours add up, and no teaching! Let me know.

Blane, I don't know Imundong but I lived right by Dongdaemun as well.. I lived in Anam-dong, Korea University station, which is in Sungbuk-gu, a bit east of Dongdaemun. Know it?

I'm heading back in late January or early Feb, and staying for 6 to 8 months this time. What're ya thinking Bouche???

Velvet --- I'll see what I can do! Maybe we can put some soju back on Jan. 10th. I prefer bek-se-ju!

Seoul's music scene is all about house music and drum n bass, for the most part... But they do get some interesting shows from time to time. In the past year, off the top of my head, they've had James Brown, Branford Marsalis, John Scofield, Mono, Soulive, Brad Mehldau, Peter Kruder, DJ Andy Smith (of Portishead), DJ Shadow..

I have no idea about Hong Kong, but I'd guess they don't get much of anything.

Sarah -- yeah I'll be home for Christmas! I'll see you then. :)