Jambands.ca

Yikes - contamination/tampering w/sliced meats

livingstoned

from Health Canada http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2006/20061107e.shtml

HEALTH HAZARD ALERT - SUSPECTED TAMPERING ASSOCIATED WITH VARIOUS HAM AND SLICED MEAT PRODUCTS

OTTAWA, November 7, 2006 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Maple Leaf Foods are warning the public not to consume certain ham and sliced meat products described below. These products may have been subject to tampering with an unknown contaminant. A small number of syringe casings have been found by employees during the production process.

The following products are affected by this alert:

½ Kent Smoked Hams (approx. 2.2 lbs)- Best Before Date JA 01

125 gram Schneider's Lifestyle Fat Free Cooked Ham Sliced - Best Before Date DE 29

125 gram Schneider's Lifestyle Fat Free Cooked Ham Sliced - Best Before Date JA 04

125 gram Schneider's Lifestyle Fat Free Turkey & Ham Sliced - Best Before Date DE 30

125 gram Schneider's Lifestyle Fat Free Smoked Ham - Best Before Date DE 29

These products have been distributed nationally.

The CFIA and Maple Leaf Foods are conducting an investigation of the suspected tampering and the case has been referred to the police.

There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products and at this time no tampered product has been found at the retail level.

Maple Leaf Foods, Kitchener, Ontario is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.

For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:

Maple Leaf Foods at 1-800-268-3708

CFIA at 1-800-442-2342. 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time - Monday to Friday.

For information on receiving recalls by electronic mail, or for other food safety facts, visit our web site at www.inspection.gc.ca.

Disgusting.

If you buy and cook a ham and slice it and put it in the freezer, it'll cost you like 30 cents a sandwich and be way healthier than this pre-packaged shit. Same goes for roast beef, that $40 sirloin may look expensive but if it makes 50 sandwiches you are ahead of the game.

rsonally, I would have to shoot up just to work in a slaughterhouse or meat packing factory

when they have to shoot up they want to get a little education for a better job, as this shi=

has to stop somewhere humans are at a high risk

the government is shi==ing on us now workers are trying to kill us m m m mmmmmmm great world eh

Personally, I would have to shoot up just to work in a slaughterhouse or meat packing factory.

One day, when I'm bored, I'll have to compose a lengthy post about the time that I went on an intensive tour of a slaughterhouse/meat packing factory as part of a job that I used to have. It was interesting, but I'm certainly not in a hurry to go back and do it again.

Personally' date=' I would have to shoot up just to work in a slaughterhouse or meat packing factory.[/quote']

One day, when I'm bored, I'll have to compose a lengthy post about the time that I went on an intensive tour of a slaughterhouse/meat packing factory as part of a job that I used to have. It was interesting, but I'm certainly not in a hurry to go back and do it again.

i can't imagine what that must be like as a job. a farmer i know makes a big almost social deal of slaughtering a bunch of chickens. other farmers and even customers come to help. he explained this by pointing out that if everyone does it for a little while, that means nobody has to do it all the time.

maybe schneiders could have a new slogan...

"we kill animals all the time so that you will never have to."

eeeh.

i feel really badly for the pigs involved. the poor bastards gave their lives to make defective packaged ham.

RIP piggies.